Super Contributor

I don't use any social media. I still write letters, send Christmas cards, pay my bills with a check by mail and if I want to connect with someone, I call and say hello.  I am too old to play the games of today's times.

Honored Contributor

@fingerlakesny That's fine but paying bills online is not playing games. Late DH and I started paying bills online about 15 years ago. I can't remember the last time i wrote a check!

Honored Contributor

@fingerlakesny wrote:

I don't use any social media. I still write letters, send Christmas cards, pay my bills with a check by mail and if I want to connect with someone, I call and say hello.  I am too old to play the games of today's times.

@fingerlakesny -this message board is social media.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: Face book is down

[ Edited ]

@Sage04 wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

I can't even access it from my IPad since it won't update obviously.  I miss playing Candy Crush and all my groups.  Sorry, but I'm one of those people who can't live without it.  I've reconnected to relatives and high school friends and it's wonderful to do so.

-------------------------------------------

@I've heard so much about Candy Crush but I have never played it.  Maybe one day I will.

@Sage04   You should try Candy Crush.  Unlike many people, I find it incredibly relaxing and, at the same time, strategizing how to get off of certain boards so making my brain work.

I play while waiting anywhere, doctor office, hair salon, etc.

My children and grandchildren have long since given it up but I will stick with it. 

I am currently on board 3,371. Smiley Happy

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

I can't even access it from my IPad since it won't update obviously.  I miss playing Candy Crush and all my groups.  Sorry, but I'm one of those people who can't live without it.  I've reconnected to relatives and high school friends and it's wonderful to do so.

@SWEET - I am logged into Facebook on my iPad, which is where I use Facebook 99% of the time. Why can't you access it from your iPad?  Oh....and I don't use the Facebook app.. I just go in through Safari.

@gidgetgh 

I do use the app on my Ipad so that's why it's not working from there.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@SWEET - I am logged into Facebook on my iPad, which is where I use Facebook 99% of the time. Why can't you access it from your iPad?  Oh....and I don't use the Facebook app.. I just go in through Safari.

@gidgetgh 

I do use the app on my Ipad so that's why it's not working from there.

@SWEET - go in through safari and it should work just fine.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: Face book is down

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@SeaMaiden That was a pretty snotty comment.

@Love my grandkids About breathing? I just think saying you can not live without Facebook sounds so  overly dramatic ...of course anyone will live without face book.

I guess these forms on on QVC  ending Nov 2.  I will miss them....but can live without them just fine. Life goes on

The forums are ending on 11/2?  Never mind.  Found a few posts about it.

Valued Contributor

Best thing that's happened in a long time.  Maybe it will stay down so people can get a reality check.

Honored Contributor

They'll never admit to being hacked. Zuckerman is not known for his transparency or objectivity for that matter.  

Esteemed Contributor

So many negative comments about FaceBook! If you don't like it, just don't go on it. But I myself do like it so I can see photos of family and friends, and keep up on what my friends are doing. I don't subscribe to anything political, and my feed is basically recipes and decorating. I like it just fine.