Honored Contributor

Facebook also regularly recommends violent groups to people it thinks might join them. People who start out as everyday hotheads or genuinely aggrieved or disadvantaged individuals or socially isolated teens are funneled into a rabbithole that some never get out of.

All kinds of extremism all across the board. It's a huge problem but Facebook just considers it everyday business to gain people's interest and loyalty to their site.

When Facebook first started I remember there were strict rules about certain kinds of content. It was supposed to be a wholesome environment. Those rules might still exist on paper, but they do not seem to be applied in many cases.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@bonnie f wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

did they find the Laundrie boy I just got  home.

no.. i been following the story for almost 2 weeks... im sure he's in cali by now...

he's dug in like a gopher.

Regular Contributor

I like FB.  I discovered tons of cousins in Sweden that I didn't know existed and they helped me  with a family tree.  I also met up with several classmates and we all keep in touch.  

Honored Contributor

What would FB being down,have to do with finding gabbys killer?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Mersha Glad none of us in the 60's in So. Cal. knew about them. I actually never heard of them until I was an adult and thought they were cruel and a form of bullying.

What kind of kids used these anyway? Never mind, I know the answer.

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Thanks for the info!  Thought it was just my computer.  I'm getting notifications from Microsoft Edge about updates.  Very odd.

Honored Contributor

I don't care about Facebook, but I kind of miss Instagram. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: Face book is down

[ Edited ]

@walkingal wrote:

@SeaMaiden  Thanks for the info!  Thought it was just my computer.  I'm getting notifications from Microsoft Edge about updates.  Very odd.

@walkingal  I thought is was just my connection as well at first. 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest Exactly. Not a dang thing. I think some people just want to inject this story wherever possible.

Esteemed Contributor

I love FB. I can keep in touch with friends and family all over the World and block people I don't wish to talk to. Many times I wish it was possible to block certain Topics here. I find myself trying to delete here but then I have to remind myself that it's not FB. How I wish.

I love FB Marketplace and it's one of my favorites.

When something here does not work some people get so upset. Get IT on it get IT on it. lol

Guess those are the ones who dislike FB.