Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain    You might want to read theCDC guidelines on choosing and wearing masks.  "Cute" is not among the criteria.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Tadaki    Maybe I wasn't clear.  I got three masks from Etsy sellers.  One was made of a knit fabric (like athletic wear).  That's the one I chose to wear for a longer meeting because I felt it fit my face better.  It was hot.  

the other two are made of woven cotton and I haven't tried them yet.  

before I got any of these, I was using items I had on hand (scarfs) that didn't stay in place well  

I think anything is good for a quick trip into a store, but sometimes I need something that I can tolerate for an hour or more 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@september wrote:

@Tadaki    Maybe I wasn't clear.  I got three masks from Etsy sellers.  One was made of a knit fabric (like athletic wear).  That's the one I chose to wear for a longer meeting because I felt it fit my face better.  It was hot.  

the other two are made of woven cotton and I haven't tried them yet.  

before I got any of these, I was using items I had on hand (scarfs) that didn't stay in place well  

I think anything is good for a quick trip into a store, but sometimes I need something that I can tolerate for an hour or more 

Thanks.  Long wear is what I'm thinking of too.  Right now it's just 1-2 hour trips to the store, post office, etc., and I do very well  But when back to work, I think I'll need one I can wear much longer.  I think the one I have will be fine.  Just thinking of a backup.  

Super Contributor

I ordered on eBay fabric like Lilly P remnants and Vera B, napkins or remnants.  I had elastic, thread and everything else.  During my stay at home I made face masks to go with all our outfits.  Also got Philly Eagle fabric, without leaving my house and made masks.  So, I am ready too.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered 2 on Flag Shirt Co on the recommendation of another poster, sorry I forgot the name of who it was.  They have stars and stripes on them and are made in the usa of 100% cotton.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@occasionalrain    You might want to read theCDC guidelines on choosing and wearing masks.  "Cute" is not among the criteria.

@Kachina624 wrote:

Cute is beneficial for my mental health and since the N95s are discouraged for private citizens; saved for front line workers I'm going to wear ones that please me.