Respected Contributor

@CJC- you can use those blue shop towels, usually found in the automotive department.  They are of a non-woven material and a little thicker than the coffee filters some have suggested.  Just cut them to size and remember to take it out before washing.  Very breathable.

Frequent Contributor

I just ordered some of the masks from Gina Gomez Photography.  If we have to wear them, they might as well be cute.  She has some really attractive designs.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Respected Contributor

I went to Joann's this morning. They had two racks filled with face masks. The cotton masks were $3.99, the denim masks were $5.99.

The masks also had a pocket for a filter, I bought four.

Honored Contributor

I see a lot of places on line sell masks that have a pocket for filters -- but no mention of where to buy filters!  Where DO you buy filters for these things?  Thanks! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 Vera Bradley, amazon and honor house at Etsy... I’ve seen them there. Something like P2.5 is on them. 

Keepin' it real.
Valued Contributor

I read on google that you can use coffee filters for putting in those masks with pockets.  You just fold them triple width.  You can also use hepa filters but have to careful because there can be fiberglass in them.  

Honored Contributor

I recommend the masks from Los Angeles Apparel Company.   They are comfortable, have the moldable nose wire, and do not slip or slide.  They have very adjustable bands.

All cotton.

Honored Contributor

The Gina Gomez masks are pretty patterns but the photos look like they gap on the sides.  I have 2 masks that do that and I probably won't wear them much. 

But I suppose fit could depend on each person's head.

I'd be interested to read reviews on her masks from those who get them.  I love some of the patterns and would like to order a couple if reviews are good.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda 

O.k. -- thanks very much!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I just received a large cotton face mask with a nose wire from a seller on Etsy called annie blue studio. When I first had my mastectomy I needed soft prothetics while I was healing and her products were amazing. When I saw she was making masks I had to order from her. I used it over my n95 to keep it clean. It was big enough to cover it without any problems.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown