Honored Contributor

FYI: May Take Longer To Receive Refunds For Easy Returns

Below is the email I received from QVC confirming I was refunded for a return.  (For those wondering, the item was defective.)  Previously, the refund policy was 3 days.  Now it can take as long as 5-7 days.

Ironically, I sent a request for an Easy Return at 11:07 am on June 24th. Received this email on June 24th at 4:47 pm confirming my refund had been issued. Same day refund.

Email from QVC Easy Returns.

Thank you for using our QVC Easy Return program!

This email is to confirm we’ve processed your refund.  If you have not already done so, we simply ask that you return the item as soon as possible to avoid being billed.

Here is what you should expect next:

• We’ve processed your refund to your original method of payment:

• The prepaid return label has not been deducted from this refund.  If you did not receive a return label in your package, please go to www.qvc.com, under My Account, click View Order for the item you are returning and print the return label.  If you returned an item for a reason other than defect or QVC error, you are authorizing return label shipping cost to be charged to the credit card at the time of processing in the warehouse.

• Please note that when QVC receives your return, an email will be sent to you and it will reflect a refund of $0, since we have issued the refund for you now.  

Due to increased volume resulting from the warehouse fire, QVC Easy Returns may now take 5-7 days for a response. There is no need to send a duplicate email.   Additionally, we encourage you to contact Customer Service directly for non-return issues.   The Customer Service phone number is 800.367.9444.  

We appreciate your understanding. 

Sincerely,

QVC Customer Care 

----------------------------

Esteemed Contributor

Re: FYI: May Take Longer To Receive Refunds For Easy Returns

@Foxxee! At least you got through! I tried this the other day, and it simply would not allow me to. But I did see the generic message about the 5-7 days.

That, too is something I do not understand from any  company for whatever excuse. I've returned things elsewhere. As soon as they get the merchandise, my credit is posted that same minute!

I guess we can just chalk it up to the circuitous route, the same route taken for receiving QVC packages. Before I get something, it goes to Timbuktu, okay, maybe not there, but travels via Canada and all over the US before it reaches my PO!

Honored Contributor

1. I think we all knew that and 5-7 days for a response seems pretty fast to me.  Of course, I rarely return anything.  It's easier for me to put my time and energy into what I buy rather than what I return.  
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:
  1. I think we all knew that and 5-7 days for a response seems pretty fast to me.  Of course, I rarely return anything.  It's easier for me to put my time and energy into what I buy rather than what I return.  

@chrystaltree 

Returns have been an important issue for many members here. My thread was not intended to please those who don't care.  

While 5-7 days is better than 3-4 weeks, for some shoppers 3 days that had been QVC's policy for some time is much better than 5-7.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee Her posts are always a breath of fresh air.......NOT!

Thanks for informing those of us who care. Woman Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs , @Foxxee , when I see that poster's name, my crystal ball already knows how the post will be written.  It's like she never disappoints.

@Foxxee , thanks for posting this information.

Respected Contributor

I returned two items, one that I didn't order but was charged for, and one that I ordered but didn't want. I heard nothing....finally reached someone via chat...was told when they receive the packages it will take to billing cycles before they process it and it show up back in my account. I feel sure the refund will never be acknowledged so it is up to me to check my account on a daily basis to see if they have returned my money they owe me. I really don't want to ever order anything else from Q. Other online companies leave them in the dust when it comes to shipping and returns.