Respected Contributor

Re: FUR ON A 2 YEAR OLD...........

Everyone needs to remember not to blame the child. She's far too young to understand wearing fur is wrong. It's the parents' fault... blatant stupidity and ignorance that hopefully won't be passed on to their children. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is your issue the "fur" part, assuming it is real, or rather a little kid being dressed much older than their age?  Dennis B sold an adorable white faux fur coat this winter and if my nieces were older, or had a daughter, I would have bought it in a flash.  It also sold out in a second, so many people felt the same way.  Wealthy people have dressed children in little fur coats for years, the coats typically looked a little "cuter" though.

In this case of the picture posted, this child's parents enjoy shock and awe, and the mother in particular is only famous for posting pictures and videos of herself.  Everything is scripted in their world and she knows exactly why she released that picture. To have people talk about that the lollipop looks like a cigarette or that their child is dressed "inappropriately" in a fur.  I expect nothing less from the mother of this innocent child.  Sadly I believe this child's mother is exactly like her own momanger.

Esteemed Contributor

I really wish the entire K family would go away and stay away.

Esteemed Contributor

If that's real animal skin thats disgusting to me.  The coat...NOT the child.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Since the reports valued it at $3,500, chances are that it's 'real'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

I like to watch their program.   

You must be easily entertained and not very choosy about what you watch. 

......................................................................................

I watch News all day long and into the evening.  

Oh....and yes I am easy to be entertained.  

that was a mean comment..............you watch what you want.....you don't have to explain it to anyone!

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@ladyroxanne wrote:

i hope it's not real.  that would be tragic.

In Russia many children wear real fur.  They can't use fake fur, because it's not warm enugh.

They are not using it for a fashion statement in those parts of the world, they are using it for survival and they use ALL parts of the animal. Big difference between Kim K's child wearing it and fur worn by Eskimos and other indigenous peoples.

I've been to northern Norway - where Lapland people live. Their use EVERY part of their reindeer and other animals - they live in a VERY inhospitable climate...NOT the same as a child who lives in sunny, warm LA.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Since the reports valued it at $3,500, chances are that it's 'real'.

3500 dollars would have bought a lot of nice coats for a lot of underprivileged children....

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

And they are what they are...........

Which is what exactly?  We don't get to tell them how to dress their child, that's my point.  Nor should anyone assume she will grow up horrified by the fur industry.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

And they are what they are...........

Which is what exactly?  We don't get to tell them how to dress their child, that's my point.  Nor should anyone assume she will grow up horrified by the fur industry.

I would say that this thread is not about telling anyone what they can and cannot do, but about expressing opinions about what has been done/is being done/choices made by the parents of the child. People are free, within the limits of moderation, to express however they feel about the situation and the cause of the topic (the parents).  The parents are not going to change what they do or how they raise their child because of opinions expressed here, but those opinions have a right to be expressed.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all