Esteemed Contributor

Each year Penn State University holds a "Thon" weekend.  Students raise money individually and as teams to benefit patients with pediatric cancer.  Many of the "kids" and their families also attend.

Anyway, I've noticed that many high schools throughout the state have also started to have "minithon" events.  All money collected is donated to the pediatric cancer fund at PSU.  I just think that is a wonderful cause for high school students to participate in.  Yes, I do donate.  Any help for pediatric cancer patients, their families, and/or research is very important to me.

Reason for my post;  just to raise awareness and say thank you for caring!

Honored Contributor

my younger cousin is VERY involved with this THON.

she loves the experience and this is now her 4th year at penn state.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Thank you for this.  I'm so glad that PSU students no longer collect donations at busy intersections; that was dangerous for both them and drivers.

Honored Contributor

It's wonderful that these young people are learning to do good things for those who are in need.  And with the way things are going in our country, there will be more needing help.  

Yes, it is not safe for anyone to try to collect money at intersections.  Very dangerous.....

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, PSU students do still collect at intersections, especially nearby satellite campus locations.

Yes, it is dangerous.

I love that high school students are learning the importance of helping others.