Honored Contributor

Re: FROM PALM TREES TO BARNS :)

It bothers me to see old barns falling apart,i just love barns someone down the road fixed up a old barn to live in ,it is just so pretty.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Heres the countryside where I live; very dramatic but no red barns or green pastures. 

20161210_213547.jpg

@Kachina624  This is beautiful!  It is almost unreal.  I have never seen such vibrant skies.  We live in a beautiful country.  Thanks for sharing.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@jayn wrote:

This is my neck of the woods 

IMG_0048.JPG

@jayn  What a peaceful view.  As I said before, there is something about looking at water.  You are blessed! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@jayn wrote:

IMG_0007.JPG

You just have to smile when you look at this, @jayn.  This just screams good times.

Esteemed Contributor

@jayn wrote:

This amazing picture was taken by my nephew from his backyard, In Oregon

IMG_0109.JPG

@jayn  Awe inspiring for sure.  And people think that we control things.  This pic says it all.  The sky color is something else.  Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@Big Sister wrote:

When I have the chance to drive through country anywhere in the US,  I always think, "this is good for my soul."

@Big Sister, exactly!  We really are a blessed country.  The pictures on this thread from different posters is a real display of the differences.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Marienkaefer2  While we aren't farmers or have a farm, I love to drive through the countryside.  Watching the crops grow during the summer and than watching them being harvested.  Farmers work long and hard and it must be a satisfying feeling at the end of the day. 

To me, it is a simple pleasure to look at. 

@tends2dogs

I agree!  The eastern side of my state is more farm country, and I love driving over there, especially in the late summer/fall when harvesting is being done.  I love to see the hay being rolled.  Smiley Happy

Me, too, @Marienkaefer2!

20160722_131736.jpeg

Honored Contributor

We love our beautiful Penna. countryside and rolling green mountains, and Lake Erie. We also love tropical Florida with it's beautiful coastline.However, I have family in El Paso and have spent some time in the desert and that is not somewhere I can adjust to living.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest@tends2dogs, To live in those wide open spaces is dog paradise. They have all the comfort, love and protection of being a pet, but they stil get to be a dog.  

I hope apartment dwelling city dog owners don't take this statement the wrong way, but it feels wrong to me for people living in a small inner city apartments have dogs.  Many are gone all day, so the only time the dog gets out is for the walk to do their business.  A lot of these folks walk no further than the corner, and then it's back to the windowsill for the dog. Usually, in those instances I've noticed the dog's owners are so engaged with their cellphones that they aren't really bonding and giving any attention to their pet.  On the opposite end, I must applaud the apartment dwellers who DO take their dogs into the parks for vigorous exercise and engaging play time together.  Those folks make the best of a not ideal situation in which to have a dog.