Honored Contributor

FRIENDS IN TAMPA area and all FL WEST COAST check in when you can!

I am praying for everyone in the parth of this storm.  Now that the path is changing some, our attention is turned to the west coast and even the Tampa area!

Be safe, be sane, be protected and be blessed!  And let us know where and how you are when you get a chance!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: FRIENDS IN TAMPA area and all FL WEST COAST check in when you can!

My husband has an aunt and cousins in Tampa and they have chosen to stay to protect "stuff", many years of "stuff" that is valuable and sentimental.

I have no words...

Trusted Contributor

Hope those on the EAST coast of Florida are safe and well sheltered, too. My brother is in Kendall, just south of Miami. His wife just had knee replacement surgery barely 2 weeks ago. She's got very limited mobility so she could not be in a car for hours or waiting in line to get a place in a shelter. 

They are staying in their house which was reinforced to meet hurricane standards for windows, doors and roof several years ago at great cost. I hope it pays off! They have a generator with a switch to take them off the city's electric grid so the generator runs independently, and fuel to run the generator for several days.  Plenty of food and supplies, my brother assured me. 

Even with the preparation and planning they've done, I am still scared for them both in their 70s and my SIL just only in the mend. Just because the hurricane is trending west, it doesn't mean that Eastern Florida is out of danger. 

Pray for everyone. Let's hear from our Florida forum members everywhere. 

Honored Contributor

Image result for sending prayers to you images

Honored Contributor

For some of the elderly, it would be more stressful and dangerous to leave.

So many of the homes in FL are built to prepare for this

What's rough is the aftermath, no power, flooding, more rain

Florida residents are tough and smart, they will do well.

Prayers up for all

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, many in my area (Tampa) seem to think it is just a storm.  Never seen people so complacent.  

The hurricane strength winds are 150 miles wide.  The whole state will be affected.

Respected Contributor

We have friends and relatives in Florida and now since it moved to the west side  I am the worrying Aunt and friend up here all concerned for them and everyone else that will be hit with this storm. One of my best friends is in the Tampa,  Pinellas  Park area and my niece is up in the Panama city area along with our other friends. Nothing we can do up here just sit and hope and pray that they are as well prepared as they tell me they are. I know my niece is really afraid of what might happen.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in a concrete block home.  Should be OK.  Will surely lose power.

The question is, "How long?"

Honored Contributor

Jim Cantore has moved from his Miami location and tweeted 2 hours ago from Estero. I don't know where that is in Florida. 

Honored Contributor

I just reallied that the Clearwater Marina might in the path of the storm, Winter Dolphin resides there she is the "Star" of the movie Dolphins Tale, and all of be many of her buddies are aquatic rescues.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.