Esteemed Contributor

Are you washing your fruits and veggies now before refrigerating and what are you using?

Respected Contributor

i am only buying frozen right now. Smiley Embarassed

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme Washing citrus with soapy water and scrub brush. Triple washing kale, boccoli, cauliflower, etc. and then cooking. Using frozen berries. Stocked up on some frozen veggies, but only allowed 4 per shopping trip.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Not many available in my local grocery stores right now.  And the ones left are too high-priced for my budget.  I'm using frozen and rehydrating some freeze-dried from my pantry.

Esteemed Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

i am only buying frozen right now. Smiley Embarassed

Me too, @FlowerBear , and I think most people are - the frozen stuff is basically bare and still hasn't been restocked.

My neighbor, I've been shopping for her, always wants fresh pears.  I tell them to wash them, but not sure if she does; and it just made me wonder just how safe the produce is sitting there out in the open.....

Honored Contributor

confused.gif

You're suppose to wash fresh produce prior to puting them in the fridge anyway.  

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I am going to try and get some fresh veggies tomorrow,.and fruit.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@eddyandme Washing citrus with soapy water and scrub brush. Triple washing kale, boccoli, cauliflower, etc. and then cooking. Using frozen berries. Stocked up on some frozen veggies, but only allowed 4 per shopping trip.

Yes, @PA Mom-mom , I've switched from fresh to frozen, but not much left in my store:  turnips (which I love) and kale); just a few and the cases are empty!  I do buy blueberries and bananas, but just rinse the berries as usual.

We had a two limitoer customer on the blueberries and even though I was buying for two, I could only pick up two so had to go back anyways and got two for me the second time around.

Esteemed Contributor

Have been letting them sit out for 3 days and eating or drinking them fresh. Saw that the C19 does better on frozen surfaces.

Sometimes you wonder what will be the mistake you make.

Being an OG germaphobe.  It's like rolling the dice. You have to eat and drink to be strong and healthy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

confused.gif

You're suppose to wash fresh produce prior to puting them in the fridge anyway.  

Oh!  I didn't know, @Mz iMac .  I've been doing it bassakwards all my life!Woman LOL  I always thought if you washed first, they'd spoil faster.  Guess I had that one wrong!  Thank you.