Honored Contributor

Re: FREE SHIPPING ON A COOL ITEM-- LOCK & LOCK BASKETS

Oh, that's a shame, @Puppy Lips .  I have not had tomato sauce on my baskets, so haven't had to figure out how to get it off.   Have you tried some sort of slightly abrasive cleanser with bleach on a tiny, not too noticeable area?  I'm surprised with that somewhat slick, synthetic surface that a stain like that can penetrate, but people do regularly report that their Tupperware and Lock and Lock can stain from tomatoes, especially. 

Hope you get an answer that helps!

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips,  from the Martha Stewart online site, there's advice on how to get marinara sauce stains off of plastic containers, which might work for you:

"..... So, what's the secret to removing those pesky stains? A combination of baking soda, dish soap, and water, according to Becky Rapinchuck of the blog Clean Mama.

To make the baking soda-based solution, mix together two tablespoons baking soda, one teaspoon water, and ¼ teaspoon dish soap. Mix up the paste in the stained food container, scrub, and let sit for at least 15 minutes. Scrub and rinse and repeat if necessary."

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45, Yes I know that. My point was that free Shipping isn't always a great deal.
Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  - I ordered the dark brown set also!   Too funny with all our similar likes!

Honored Contributor

Oh, @twinsister ,  you did??   That's almost eerie! 

Hope you enjoy your baskets.  I can't wait for mine!

Valued Contributor

Thank you for this recommendation. These appear to be just the thing for me and for a basket-loving friend! 

Red is my color, but I know she will love the natural-looking tan.

Honored Contributor

That red looks really festive on my monitor, @Highlands72 --  Hope you have fun with it!