Respected Contributor

Well I finally got an elibrary card !  It was free !

My paperback exchange has been closed for a few weeks due to owner illness and I was out of reading material.

It was so easy....don’t know why I waited so long ! Will be saving even more $ !!!  The 13 days they give you to read a book is more than enough for me.  

Needed to to be more careful in my selection because they also have audio ebooks which I got by mistake and immediately returned.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@jlkzFor years I have thought my library taxes were my absolute best value among all the taxes, and I particularly love the free books for my readers.  Seems so wasteful to pay to download a book I'll read only once and that I can't pass on to others.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: FREE. E BOOKS......

[ Edited ]

Not sure where you live @Jlkz but it sounds like you have a good library. 

I lived first in Charlotte NC and now in a small rural community in NC. I started using an eReaders after Charlotte closed the library closest to my house and reduced hours at other branches. 

The online libary selection was pretty sparse so I ended up joining the Orange County (Orlando FL) library. They allow out of state patrons to join online for $125 a year. Thousands of books available, can borrow for 7,14 or 21 days .......up to 20 books. It's well worth every penny. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have to look into this!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I love my ebooks  from the library.  They offer OverDrive.  Recently they have also added Kanopy for free movies.  So nice when I can’t  make it in for a while.

Respected Contributor

Brooklyn Public Library has 5 million items all are lent for 21 days. Renewable 50 Times If no one else has a hold. The NYC Library has 53 million items (some can’t be borrowed. 

It is the best value for my tax $.I read 3-5 books a week, I ‘m retired. Buying would be a waste.

Best deal around and its its all free.

Valued Contributor

The Free Library of Philadelphia is another good one. If you are a veteran you can join for free.

Esteemed Contributor

@jlkz@millieshops, love the library.  I agree with @millieshops, great use of taxpayer dollars.  LM

Honored Contributor

'I had no idea'...........

Years ago, when I had less time (lol), I used to go to the reading room and read through   the latest magazines.

Thanks for the alert.  Heart

I'll sign up for Free E Books, too!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).