Esteemed Contributor

Dolly Parton is giving free college tuition for Dollywood workers

Dollywood billboard

NYP: Dollywood Parks & Resorts in Tennessee announced their plans to cover 100% of tuition and the cost of books “for any employee who chooses to pursue further education,” WHJL-11 reported  on Tuesday.

The benefit goes to  Dollywood’s  11,000 Full, Part-Time  and Seasonal Workers of all ages at any of their 25 attractions across the US, including the Harlem Globetrotters and New Jersey’s Adventure Aquarium, starting on the day they’re hired.

“When our hosts strive to grow themselves, it makes our business and our community a truly better place,” said Dollywood Company president Eugene Naughton Herschend Enterprises, which jointly owns Dollywood alongside the country queen herself, said they aim to encourage employees to follow their dreams.

“We care about our hosts’ development and we want their future to grow because of love, not loans,” said Andrew Wexler, CEO of Herschend Enterprises, in a statement.

Honored Contributor

How very wonderful!  I seriously doubt Dollywood will have a worker shortage!

Honored Contributor

That is incredible!💗

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Dolly is a very kind hearted special person.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor
Thumbs Up Emoticon - Beautiful Emoji Queen Duvet, transparent png download

Esteemed Contributor

What a wonderful way to give back. 

Esteemed Contributor

ANOTHER REASON TO LOVE HER!

Honored Contributor

Dolly gets it!   She understands that the way to get workers is to give them a way to improve their lives!  She understands that young people don't want to spend 50 years on low paying jobs that lead no where.  An educated worker is a better worker.  It's 2022 and a high school diploma isn't enough anymore.  Young people need careers with a future and that means education beyond a high school diploma.  Not necessarily a 4 year college.  There are hundreds of career programs in technical schools and community colleges and graduates can make excellent salaries.  Also what Dolly is doing means those workers won't have to take out student loans.  

Honored Contributor

How much more of an example does a girl have to be and do? I love that we've gone back to space with the billionaires but note to Jeff, Sir Richard, and Elon, there are better goals to strive for.... Go Dolly! 

Honored Contributor

This is how I was able to graduate from college.  Chrysler Corp. paid for my tuition and books as long as I was an employee and maintained a 3.5 GPA.  It took some effort, but I'm grateful for the chance to expand my knowledge.