Honored Contributor

Woo, woo, woo!  Three cheers for Dolly!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

That's always nice to hear, but bear in mind that the VAST majority of businesses and corporations can not afford this benefit. I think that many people talk about businesses like they have infinite money bags. 

Yes, I suppose some corporations can't afford to educate their workforce because they need to give their top management millions of dollars in year-end bonuses.

Esteemed Contributor

@MorningLover 

That sounds great for both the workers and the company. Does this include further education in the Skilled Trades Fields?

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I read the snipette on line last night.  I turned to my husband and said, she's putting her money where her mouth is.  High fives for her for sure!!!

Trusted Contributor

@MorningLover  Dolly is an amazing woman, so generous. She really stresses education. She donates many books to children also.

Super Contributor

Dolly's great-always doing good things.

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

ANOTHER REASON TO LOVE HER!

You took the words right out of mouth.  She is wonderful.  We need more people like her.

Esteemed Contributor
I went to Dollywood years ago and speaking to employees at the park, they all loved Dolly because she gave jobs to the area not only in terms of Dollywood but the development of healthy tourism. We talked to a schoolmate of Dolly’s in a local jewelry store and she said Dolly never forgot her roots & still very involved in the community.

Dolly also gave $1 million dollars for vaccine research re to COVID. When she got her COVID injection she stated “I’m getting a dose of my own medicine”. Love Dolly, no ego & so warm and genuine.
Esteemed Contributor
I selected my former company for the tuition reimbursement program and obtained four degrees while I worked there, now retired. It’s excellent that entities that employ many young people are starting tuition reimbursement programs.
Honored Contributor

I work for a university.  I get free college tuition for myself. and anyone in my family.  It's one of the perks you get.  primary reason I went to work at a university.  Your child has to qualify (like anyone else) but it's called tuition remission.  You must be working for three years before it goes in to effect.