Honored Contributor

Re: 😷 FREE COVID Test Kit....Part III 😷

HUGE waste of money.

Esteemed Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I still have the first two unopened. Don't need more.

@Meowingkitty 

Check the expiration dates on those.  They expire pretty quickly.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

HUGE waste of money.

I know a family where the daughter works outside the home and her daughter is in school but was too young for the vaccine.  She contracted covid just before her 5th birthday.  Most of the house has now tested positive.  They have used those free tests throughout the school year.   They are working to middle class.  The free tests were a huge benefit to them.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@liliblu wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

HUGE waste of money.

I know a family where the daughter works outside the home and her daughter is in school but was too young for the vaccine.  She contracted covid just before her 5th birthday.  Most of the house has now tested positive.  They have used those free tests throughout the school year.   They are working to middle class.  The free tests were a huge benefit to them.  

That doesn't change the fact that it's a waste to most nor does it change the accuracy level of the tests.

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

That doesn't change the fact that it's a waste to most nor does it change the accuracy level of the tests.

If you don't want a Covid test don't take one. Problem solved. Not your call to make healthcare decisions for others.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

I have an 11 year old grandson who is in school maskless. My daughter and her husband are back to work in the office 3 days a week. She has a stockpile of tests because they always test to be on the safe side.

It boggles my mind that people can't see beyond the 4 walls that separate them from what working families (who are disease conscientious) have to manage through daily.

If we didn't have access to these tests, things would be exponentially worse on the covid front. Part of our constitution calls for us to "promote the general welfare" of the citizenry. Access to free tests, vaccinations and boosters is part of that. It shocks me it isn't celebrated.

Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

If you don't want a Covid test don't take one. Problem solved. Not your call to make healthcare decisions for others.

Exactly @Porcelain 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

More smoke and mirrors.

Let them mind their own business and you mind yours.  Why does it matter what others do @ThinkingOutLoud ?  Whine much?

Esteemed Contributor

0 sense!  Pot stirrer @liliblu 

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

You missed the point. The topic was govt waste.