Respected Contributor

Re: 😷 FREE COVID Test Kit....Part III 😷

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

That doesn't change the fact that it's a waste to most nor does it change the accuracy level of the tests.

If you don't want a Covid test don't take one. Problem solved. Not your call to make healthcare decisions for others.

Exactly @Porcelain 

The point was missed. The topic was gvt waste. 

Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

More smoke and mirrors.

Let them mind their own business and you mind yours.  Why does it matter what others do @ThinkingOutLoud ?  Whine much?

You clearly aren't following but as to your post - what the govt does is very much my business!

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

That doesn't change the fact that it's a waste to most nor does it change the accuracy level of the tests.

If you don't want a Covid test don't take one. Problem solved. Not your call to make healthcare decisions for others.

Exactly @Porcelain 

The point was missed. The topic was gvt waste. 

@ThinkingOutLoud  I didn't see that as the topic. At least it doesn't say that now. I would think that would have been a political topic.

Esteemed Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

@Iwantcoffee   With all due respect I ordered mine because I was required to test or lose my job.  They then cancelled the requirement and I was stuck with tests that no one wanted.  The test is for "covid only" so not sure about your reference to "other illnesses" and they are dated but in "theory" can be used beyond the expiration date.  No one I know wanted them or needed them anymore since no one I know has been "sick" from this.  If you have no symptoms why would you test yourself?  Which is why mine got tossed.  They expired and no one wanted them.  But if someone I knew wanted more I'd order some and give them mine. 

@eadu4  some people have no symptoms, but yet have Covid. Just last week my friend was travelling to the Caribbean, got tested found out she is positive so now she is in quarantine. Her son and husband are negative.

Respected Contributor

They come in handy. I was car pooling with my neighbor to Yoga. She  said she was working earlier that day with someone who tested positive. I said I will go home and get a kit for you. She was negative and did it in the car while I was driving.  She had the second one if needed.

I ordered a kit for a friend who does not have internet. I called her today and she was sick but used a kit  and negative and ended up in ER who tested her again.  She has a virus she often gets that can go into pneumonia.

The kits are $20 to purchase. For a long time  also sold out. If I am sick I certsinly dont want to expose others in stores looking for a kit.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sage04  Correct.  My SIL is still in Cancun confined to her hotel room.  Her daughter got to leave she did not.  She tested positive with zero symptoms.  Not sure if she has been able to leave yet.  So if you are traveling out of the country yes you need to test.  But I don't see a need to stockpile them.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gorgf,

That 
"friend" was really negligent knowing she was exposed to someone with covd before carpooling with you! 

This is how it spreads!

And people do not usually test negative right after being exposed! If they get it it is best to test 2-3 days after being exposed and then again on day 5. That is when the virus is most likely to manifest.

Anyway, whatever. People make their own justifications and facts and everything under the sun. The train has left the track and our country has gone insane. Compare that to countries who had more of a mindset of "All for one and one for all." And the difference.

But here it is a all about number 1, as we can see by the many posts here of the self satisfied in their own world and everyone else is own their own. 

Good luck.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Ordered yesterday and had no idea until a friend told us!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Valued Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@liliblu wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

HUGE waste of money.

I know a family where the daughter works outside the home and her daughter is in school but was too young for the vaccine.  She contracted covid just before her 5th birthday.  Most of the house has now tested positive.  They have used those free tests throughout the school year.   They are working to middle class.  The free tests were a huge benefit to them.  

How is it a waste?  If you don't need them then don't order them.

Honored Contributor

I have only had one test since Covid started, and it was negative. Never obtained any kits until now. I figured with Covid cropping up in well vaccinated people like me, I should have a few test kits on hand.