Respected Contributor

Re: 😷 FREE COVID Test Kit....Part III 😷

@Porcelain @Make sure he knows they have an expiration date!

Esteemed Contributor

Couldn't find anyone that wanted the 4 we had, so I tossed them. If and when I get sick I will know when to get a test, and that I will get from my doctor. Don't need any more of them going to waste.

Would prefer to have them send me some coupons to help me with the higher prices I pay for everything.

hckynut  ðŸ‡ºðŸ‡¸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Flika13 wrote:

My tax dollars at work🤬

@Flika13 

Thank you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

@CoffeeNut 

how many days did this take ? The take home test results take a few days to get back , then call your MD then get medication. If one is in high risk categorgy than you don't have days to wait to get the medication  becuse you can develop respiratory or cardiac issues very quickly .

@skatting44 

The window is 5 days, having symptoms no more than 5 days.  The kits received in the mail show results in 15 min.  

Your physician can call in a prescription.

Most of the pharmacies, including the independents, in my area have Paxloveir.

Call your local County Health Department to find who has it.

Yes, there is a timeline, but for SO long we had nothing.  

So glad to see the US moving in a proactive direction.

Right now it is free - who knows for how long?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@hckynutjohn  Same with me.  Wound up tossing mine. No one wanted them.  Would rather have coupons as well.  Just heard gas is expected to double what it is now. 

Honored Contributor

@pugvette74 You're Welcome.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No one is required to order the test. I do not understand why people order test to toss in the trash or give to someone else. I ordered to have if I get sick and test without going around town looking for test stores may not have and expose other people to covid or another illness. 

Esteemed Contributor

I still have the first two unopened. Don't need more.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac   How do we dispose of the used or unused, but expired Free COVID Test Kits? Will the trash collectors take them??

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Iwantcoffee   With all due respect I ordered mine because I was required to test or lose my job.  They then cancelled the requirement and I was stuck with tests that no one wanted.  The test is for "covid only" so not sure about your reference to "other illnesses" and they are dated but in "theory" can be used beyond the expiration date.  No one I know wanted them or needed them anymore since no one I know has been "sick" from this.  If you have no symptoms why would you test yourself?  Which is why mine got tossed.  They expired and no one wanted them.  But if someone I knew wanted more I'd order some and give them mine.