Esteemed Contributor

Re: FRANK GIFFORD HAS PASSED

Sorry to hear about this. 

I was surprised by some of the headlines, like the one at TMZ: "Frank Gifford Kathie Lee's Husband Dies at 84."  While some young people probably identify him that way, he earned a name for himself long before she came along. Seems like "NFL Hall of Famer" would have been a more appropriate subtitle.  I just thought it would be better if the headlines recognized his career highlights, but he probably wouldn't have minded, though.

Respected Contributor

VaBelle3@5 wrote:

I do hope that Frank can be honored for his NFL career and his MNF work.  Somehow I think KathieLee will make this all about her.

Well, I mean it is sort of about her since it affects her more than anyone, no?

Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

VaBelle3@5 wrote:

I do hope that Frank can be honored for his NFL career and his MNF work.  Somehow I think KathieLee will make this all about her.

I don't think she's like that at all.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

VaBelle3@5 wrote:

I don't think she's like that at all.

It will affect her children greatly.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

RIP, Mr. Gifford.  80+ years old is not 'old' now-a-days.  Long story, but ninety percent of the volunteers around here are in their eighties and nineties. And: Many neighbors in their mid eighties-plus still walk several blocks to and from our supermarket, and actually carry their grocery bags back to their house. (No wheel carts, etc.).  (Which makes me uneasy, as it's not a good idea, having both hands carrying heavy groceries.)  Anyway, this is very sad news. 

The average life expectancy for a man in the US is 76 so it isn't considered young.

I heard where someone said to Kathie Lee that this was a tragedy. She said no a 4 yr old dying of cancer is a tragedy, Frank lived a long and event filled life doing more than most people. RIP.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I was surprised to read Kathie Lee and Frank Gifford were Godfather to both the Jenner girls.

Honored Contributor

Watching the Today show. Kathie Lee is such a strong and classy woman speaking so lovingly of Frank. I wish her and her family nothing but the best. 

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Watching the Today show. Kathie Lee is such a strong and classy woman speaking so lovingly of Frank. I wish her and her family nothing but the best. 

I've always "kinda" liked her, but became a fan this morning.  Her sharing about Frank Gifford, the man, and their shared faith was a truly beautiful tribute.  I'd add, "God bless her," but it is apparent He already has.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

I stopped watching the show because another show I love comes on for two hours at the same time. 

But I was a faithful watcher for years.

I thought about tuning in, but figured she wouldn't be back so soon.  Now I'm kicking myself I didn't.

Did she say how it happened?

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I stopped watching the show because another show I love comes on for two hours at the same time. 

But I was a faithful watcher for years.

I thought about tuning in, but figured she wouldn't be back so soon.  Now I'm kicking myself I didn't.

Did she say how it happened?

I think she said he was watching tv, waiting to go to church, She said it was instantly.

Kathie Lee has always handled the worst with extreme grace.