Honored Contributor

Re: FRANK GIFFORD HAS PASSED

I'm verry sorry to hear this.... Woman Sad

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sad news. I knew a Frank was getting on up there but wow, 84! My how I loved MNF back in the good 'ole days.

edit:  they first said he was 85 but I guess he was 84. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read his bio at Wiki.  They have a section titled Affairs. I've never noticed another bio with this section.

Honored Contributor

I do hope that Frank can be honored for his NFL career and his MNF work.  Somehow I think KathieLee will make this all about her.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Why does this have to take a nasty turn? Kathie Lee just became a widow, I  think we should cut her some slack. I hope she takes the time she needs to grieve. I wish her and the whole Gifford clan my deepest sympathies. 

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Why does this have to take a nasty turn? Kathie Lee just became a widow, I  think we should cut her some slack. I hope she takes the time she needs to grieve. I wish her and the whole Gifford clan my deepest sympathies. 

You are right.  I removed my post.

Honored Contributor

RIP, Mr. Gifford.  80+ years old is not 'old' now-a-days.  Long story, but ninety percent of the volunteers around here are in their eighties and nineties. And: Many neighbors in their mid eighties-plus still walk several blocks to and from our supermarket, and actually carry their grocery bags back to their house. (No wheel carts, etc.).  (Which makes me uneasy, as it's not a good idea, having both hands carrying heavy groceries.)  Anyway, this is very sad news. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I absolutely swooned for him in his football days.  I always loved watching him play.  May he rest in peace.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I heard this and thought about Kathie Lee...she is only 61, Frank was 84.  They married in 1986.  So sad for her....she is a lovely person full of life.

Esteemed Contributor

May he rest in peace.  I am sending my sincere sympathy to his family .... May God be with them at this sad time.