Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

@violann wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

It's best to lead by example. 

Agree, and he seems to this old RC that he's doing a fine job of that, especially with humility and charity and compassion and empathy.

I can probably think of more......... 

If he speaks about equal distribution of wealth, well then why does he not share his?

You seem to know nothing of this Pope.  He has almost nothing, it is reported that even his Pope garments are frayed and worn.

He goes out at night wearing  priest clothing, feeding the poor and washing their feet, as the Christ did.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Re: FRANCIS THIS MORNING

[ Edited ]

@Karnerblue wrote:

It's best to lead by example. 

Yes, and this Pope does exactly that.

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen pictures, and if you have, could you share them please?

He has been described as prefering a simple existence, but security does impose some restrictions on his ability to carry out his own wishes, and the wealth of the Church does not belong to him, as in personal belongings, so would not be his to liquidate and distribute.

I'm bothered by spending excesses in ALL religious institutions, so I understand your frustration.

@Karnerblue wrote:

He does not live in a bare apartment.

Super Contributor

Karnerblue, you may want to google "pope living quarters" and take a look.  It's very basic furnishings.  Certainly my little living space has more opulence, and I am far from wealthy!

You seem very bothered by this visit.  I hope you find peace and resolution to whatever is bothering you.  

Honored Contributor

It turns out, he lives in the Vatican hotel.

He lives in a suite of rooms in the residence, which sits in the shadow of St Peter's Basilica, on the other side of the Vatican city state to the apostolic apartments.

He explained his choice in a letter written two weeks ago to an old friend, Father Enrique Martinez, a priest at the Church of the Annunciation in La Rioja.

"I didn't want to go and live in the apostolic palace. I go over there just to work and for audiences.

"I've remained living in the Casa Santa Marta, which is a residence which accommodates bishops, priests and lay people." There he feels "part of a family" he wrote in the letter, which was obtained by Clarin, an Argentinian daily.

http://nypost.com/2015/09/03/you-dont-have-to-be-catholic-to-like-pope-francis-poll-shows/

Respected Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

He does not live in a bare apartment.

Why are you ruining a perfectly nice thread?

Start your own thread on what you think of the Pope and Catholicism.

Thanks

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Esteemed Contributor

I admire any person who gives their life to the service of God, without the motive of personal enrichment.  Whatever their belief, even if it isn't mine, they have my respect.  You can learn from all.  We are all children of the same God.  As a Catholic, I was always positively influenced by Billy Graham.  What a great man.

Respected Contributor

I love this Pope. I think he is the closest to who Jesus was as a man and a spiritual leader, as we will ever see in our lifetime. He has the kindest looking face.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Honored Contributor

Pope Francis ate at the Vatican cafeteria a few months ago. Stood in line, got his tray. 

Honored Contributor

@Lotus wrote:

I love this Pope. I think he is the closest to who Jesus was as a man and a spiritual leader, as we will ever see in our lifetime. He has the kindest looking face.

I agree.  He not only talks the talk, he walks the walk.