Honored Contributor

Re: FORMER COSBY SHOW CAST MEMBER SAYS ....

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

I have been wondering lately about Lisa Bonet.  She and Bill Cosby didn't get along.  I seem to remember that she left the show because he didn't like the choice of a movie she made??  Was there more to it perhaps?  Maybe he was inappropriate with her, too, and she wouldn't stand for it.  At this point, I wouldn't be surprised.

You could be very right.

I always had a theory about her departure and return. She was definitely a  'free spirt',  'wild child', both her character, and Lisa herself.

I think Bill wanted that show to portray and validate what he wanted people to believe he was. He wanted people to believe he was Dr. Cliff Huxtable. And in many aspects he was. A husband, a father, a very educated AA man. He wanted people to believe that black families could be wealthy, educated, talented, and that the AA father could suppor and  run his household and be the king of his castle, faithful to his wife, and an all around good guy. Prior to this show, most AA families in sitcoms were fatherless, living in poverty, or exaggerated characters that got more so as the seasons progressed.

Any of the cast that did anything to jeopardize that, was going to have to be dealt with, and strongly. I'm sure there was more than one issue as to why she left, but I'm thinking he felt the need to control his 'children' both on screen and off, so as not to bring attention to what he was doing.

I also have to wonder, in years to come, especially after his death, if several tell all books will be written by former cast members of his shows, that will show just how much others really did know.

That's the issue all the time he was living a double life! and his handlers were covering

I think you are right about Bonet for sure.

Glad this guy is getting his comuppance

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I believe he is guilty.

I remember an interview where one of child actors said they had to call him Mr Cosby. He demanded respect but shows no respect to women, from his wife to all of his victims.

I'd love to see him go to jail 

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I believe he is guilty.

I remember an interview where one of child actors said they had to call him Mr Cosby. He demanded respect but shows no respect to women, from his wife to all of his victims.

I'd love to see him go to jail 

He is actually Dr Cosby, he has a PhD. in Education.

While he is Dr. Cosby, his degree is actually an Ed.D., not a Ph.D. Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

While I find Bill Cosby thorouly disgusting, I am equally disgusted by all the people that knew about his behavior but kept quiet all these years. 

Honored Contributor

If you read his whole blog post it's just bizarre. He makes a bunch of excuses about how mr " walking aphrodisiac" couldn't be expected to stay faithful to his wife. I'm glad he at least believes the female friend that told him what Cosby did to her but some of that blog post is really odd. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@newziesuzie wrote:

I don't understand why somebody can't take Cosby to court over this and win.

The lawyers I've heard talk about it say that it's basically her word against his since there are no witnesses and no physical evidence as the victims didn't report it immediately and never had physical evidence gathered from their person, such as a rape kit and blood tests for drugs. There is also statues of limitations issues due to not coming forward earlier. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The "casting couch" is hardly a new or unexpected phenomenon.  Young, attractive women looking for help getting into showbiz have often been willing to bargain with their bodies.  And there has never been a shortage of older, successful showbiz leaders more than willing to take them up on what they were offering.  Drugs, alcohol, money........is anyone really surprised to hear this old story again?   None of these women were minors.......and when you read of their willing entry into the "games", it's hard to be totally sympathetic.  So, young lady.......what, exactly were you doing in a late-night, wild party at the Playboy mansion, drinking heavily, and going into private rooms with an older star like B.C.?  Were you expecting a Bible study session, maybe?  And these women are coming forward years after the reported events.  No police reports at the time in almost all cases.

No excuses for Mr. Cosby........but no excuses for that level of female stupidity, either!  Please:  If we're going to be "feminists" and credit women with brains, autonomy, ability, and responsibility, let's expect them to use them.

It's disappointing that Bill Cosby, who portrayed a family-oriented father on one of TV's most beloved family sitcoms, blew his opportunity to be a voice for Good.

Honored Contributor

Hard tp believe he was able to keep his hands off the lovely, Phylicia Rashad. I doubt she would have stood any harassment for very long.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Hard tp believe he was able to keep his hands off the lovely, Phylicia Rashad. I doubt she would have stood any harassment for very long.

Well he had to know her football star husband at the time could easily kick his rear end. Plus she doesn't seem the type to suffer fools anyway. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JAXS mom wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Well he had to know her football star husband at the time could easily kick his rear end. Plus she doesn't seem the type to suffer fools anyway. 

Cosby was the one that introduced her to Ammad Rashad, he was also the one who gave her away at their wedding.

Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

While I find Bill Cosby thorouly disgusting, I am equally disgusted by all the people that knew about his behavior but kept quiet all these years. 

This is what aggervates me about this. How pitiful that so many women kept quiet after experiencing this. I've said it before, and I really mean, that I don't understand how someone who was victimized didn't come foreward, because there were so many. It wasn't the 1950's anymore. Women were empowered and this was no longer a reason for a woman to be ashamed. Had it been only one or two, I can see where they may not have come foreward, but so many, that chose money to keep quiet, or allowed themselves to be intimidated. What are the chances of that? Makes me sad that women didn't stand up,and each one allowed more victims to be had, because they didn't speak up.

And others in the business that probably knew this, and were afraid to bring it to the forefront, or at least approach the women and help them to report it and seek help aren't much better than he is.