Honored Contributor

Re: FORMER COSBY SHOW CAST MEMBER SAYS ....

I can remember in 2003 at the Emmys hosted by Wanda Sykes, he was quite disrespectful to her, made some kind of comment to her about her using very poor English.

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

I have been wondering lately about Lisa Bonet.  She and Bill Cosby didn't get along.  I seem to remember that she left the show because he didn't like the choice of a movie she made??  Was there more to it perhaps?  Maybe he was inappropriate with her, too, and she wouldn't stand for it.  At this point, I wouldn't be surprised.

I think he also got rid of the boy that played Theo's friend Cockroach, some disagreements with him as well.

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I believe he is guilty.

I remember an interview where one of child actors said they had to call him Mr Cosby. He demanded respect but shows no respect to women, from his wife to all of his victims.

I'd love to see him go to jail 

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I believe he is guilty.

I remember an interview where one of child actors said they had to call him Mr Cosby. He demanded respect but shows no respect to women, from his wife to all of his victims.

He is actually Dr Cosby, he has a PhD. in Education.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:
I agree that children should call adults Mr. and Mrs. That's just the way it was during my childhood. However, his lack of respect to his wife and victims is sickening.

That's true and my kids friends called me Mrs when they were little, but  on a  Movie/TV set it could be more relaxed when you are acting with adults and kids so there is a double standard with him all along.

Honored Contributor

probably
Honored Contributor

Ugh

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

I have been wondering lately about Lisa Bonet.  She and Bill Cosby didn't get along.  I seem to remember that she left the show because he didn't like the choice of a movie she made??  Was there more to it perhaps?  Maybe he was inappropriate with her, too, and she wouldn't stand for it.  At this point, I wouldn't be surprised.

You could be very right.

I always had a theory about her departure and return. She was definitely a  'free spirt',  'wild child', both her character, and Lisa herself.

I think Bill wanted that show to portray and validate what he wanted people to believe he was. He wanted people to believe he was Dr. Cliff Huxtable. And in many aspects he was. A husband, a father, a very educated AA man. He wanted people to believe that black families could be wealthy, educated, talented, and that the AA father could suppor and  run his household and be the king of his castle, faithful to his wife, and an all around good guy. Prior to this show, most AA families in sitcoms were fatherless, living in poverty, or exaggerated characters that got more so as the seasons progressed.

Any of the cast that did anything to jeopardize that, was going to have to be dealt with, and strongly. I'm sure there was more than one issue as to why she left, but I'm thinking he felt the need to control his 'children' both on screen and off, so as not to bring attention to what he was doing.

I also have to wonder, in years to come, especially after his death, if several tell all books will be written by former cast members of his shows, that will show just how much others really did know.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I can remember in 2003 at the Emmys hosted by Wanda Sykes, he was quite disrespectful to her, made some kind of comment to her about her using very poor English.

I remember that. He has had a history of telling AA's to clean up their lives, pull up their pants, get an education and live up to their responsibilities. I admired him for being what seemed like a real role model and not excusing away bad behavior. 

Guess we were all fooled by the act.

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I believe he is guilty.

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I believe he is guilty.

He is actually Dr Cosby, he has a PhD. in Education.

Dr. Cosby might have his PhD. in Education, but has no brains or conscience.  Sickening individual!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I read that the Cockroach character was let go because he grew out his hair, and Cosby didn't want him to have long hair.