Honored Contributor

Re: FLOTUS in Vera Wang

[ Edited ]

Pandering?

There are several Asian-American high fashion designers.

I can't be the only one who remembers that for one of Michelle's first events  she wore a dress by Jason Woo.

He became an overnight success.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@kdgn wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

She's not just educated, accomplished and strong - she's beautiful and stylish too!

And my bet is we won't see another like her for a very, very long time.

I agree. A State Dinner doesn't mean the FLOTUS must dress in a stodgy fashion at all. She's attractive, can wear almost anything and look stunning. The dress designer was chosen especially for this State Dinner as were many of the guests in attendance.

I thought the outfit worn by the Chinese leader's wife was also gorgeous. She's a beautiful woman too. Did anyone notice he had the folded "handkerchief" in his pocket that matched the color of her dress?

I read somewhere that the Chinese first lady was formerly an artist and fashion designer, before she got married. I bet she appreciated that Vera Wang dress on Michele.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, IG!  You are very, very kind and it is much appreciated.  Smiley Happy    

Sometimes we feel invisible, yes, and it's nice to be acknowledged.  I'm totally NOT a 'want to be the center of attention' person, but it only takes one person to make you feel like you matter.  Smiley Happy  I mean that.  If you know me at all, you know I don't say stuff I don't mean.

Anyway, maybe I should probably not even said anything about the 'always negative and hateful' ones,  and I also have to admit that I just assumed everybody would know who I meant, without mentioning names.  Bad little chicken.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Thanks, IG!  You are very, very kind and it is much appreciated.  Smiley Happy    

Sometimes we feel invisible, yes, and it's nice to be acknowledged.  I'm totally NOT a 'want to be the center of attention' person, but it only takes one person to make you feel like you matter.  Smiley Happy  I mean that.  If you know me at all, you know I don't say stuff I don't mean.

Anyway, maybe I should probably not even said anything about the 'always negative and hateful' ones,  and I also have to admit that I just assumed everybody would know who I meant, without mentioning names.  Bad little chicken.  Smiley Wink

CB, you made a good point, we just saw a new post with that negative approach pop up.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Ah, yes...gotcha Smiley Wink   

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

you can NEVER be overdressed or overeducated - Oscar Wilde

Woman Happy

The problem is, IMO she was underdressed for this particular occasion.

I'm sure Vera Wang designed this dress just for her and I think she could've designed it to cover a little more of her chest and it would have been more appropriate for this event, but still a beautiful dress.

You never saw Audrey Hepburn's boobs so exposed, since you're making that comparison.

MO looked great with the cleavage and she wasnt underdressed at all......my post was more about the words than about audrey having a higher neckline......but audrey also wore lower necklines also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I saw a video of the First Lady doing plyometric jumps (from floor to a bench) as part of her workout. I could not do that if I tried. Her fitness is amazing--look at those deltoids. I may not be a fan politically, but no one can take away that she always makes a bold impresssion in her dress. No one like her at all--not even close. She may be the most stylish first lady since Jacqueline Kennedy. 

Respected Contributor

Re: FLOTUS in Vera Wang

[ Edited ]

To go intratopic on this, I think Mamie Eisenhower's gown (posted above) suits her well, but that she really should have fired that hairdresser.

Honored Contributor

@Campion wrote:

I saw a video of the First Lady doing plyometric jumps (from floor to a bench) as part of her workout. I could not do that if I tried. Her fitness is amazing--look at those deltoids. I may not be a fan politically, but no one can take away that she always makes a bold impresssion in her dress. No one like her at all--not even close. She may be the most stylish first lady since Jacqueline Kennedy. 

I can't do those jumps either...plus she REALLY lifts heavy weights.

She walks the walk re: health & fitness.

Honored Contributor

Mamie Eisenhower ???? Audrey Hepburn??????? Geez do you all think that perhaps styles of dressing have changed in 50 - 60 years????? IMO the first lady's dress was perfectly modest for what is stylish in 2015. I think there are a lot of posters here who are jealous they don't have the figure to pull off a dress like this.