Esteemed Contributor

Re: FLOTUS in Vera Wang

[ Edited ]

I guess I'm the odd one out...I'm not a fan of this look for this occasion.  My least favorite part is her white nails contrasting against the dark dress, and I'm not a fan of hair extensions.  She seems to be channeling Beyoncé, one of her favorite role models for young women.  Maybe it's a good red carpet look for Hollywood, but not necessarily how I'd style a First Lady for a state dinner.

Honored Contributor

I thought her dress and hair (even tho beautiful) was not appropriate for this occasion.  It was a grand "look at me" style.  A more humble styling would have looked less "center stage" and far more appropriate considering the event.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Re: FLOTUS in Vera Wang

[ Edited ]

@wildcat fan wrote:

I guess I'm the odd one out...I'm not a fan of this look for this occasion.  My least favorite part is her white nails contrasting against the dark dress, and I'm not a fan of hair extensions.  She seems to be channeling Beyoncé, one of her favorite role models for young women.  Maybe it's a good red carpet look for Hollywood, but not necessarily how I'd style a First Lady for a state dinner.

Me too. I think the boobage exposure is inappropriate for a formal state dinner.

The other couple sure doesn't look very happy.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I agree with the two posters above that her dress really wasn't appropriate for the occasion.  Something more dignified and staid was in order.  She did look great, though.

Honored Contributor

Stunning!

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

FLOTUS can sure wear clothes!  she looks great in everything she puts on.  the dress is stunning!

Valued Contributor

I thought she looked very inappropriate for this occasion but I'm not surprised.  She is trying too hard to look a lot younger than she really is - not a good look.

Super Contributor

Personally, I think she usually looks terrible - the full skirts, tight bodices, sweater sets, etc. are just not flattering looks for her body in my opinion.

BUT I think she looks GREAT in the Vera Wang - maybe a tad "glammed up" for the occasion, but great just the same.

Trusted Contributor

Guess you can't please some of the people ever!   On a previous thread about the Pope's arrival, some were complaining she looked too casual.  Now she looks inappropriate to the occasion!  LOL.   Some people would never say anything remotely nice -  Look at the same people to criticize anything about the First Family.

Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

She's not just educated, accomplished and strong - she's beautiful and stylish too!

And my bet is we won't see another like her for a very, very long time.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986