Respected Contributor

Don't care for the hairstyle, but that's just personal style, I guess.

I think she looks fine, don't find it inappropriate, and the dress is attractive on her.

I just don't like her.  She lost me at "for the first time I am proud of my country."  So, I just don't agree with the lovefest here.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

Re: FLOTUS in Vera Wang

[ Edited ]

@engineer wrote:

I wonder "WHO" paid for this affatr?

The very same people who paid for the FIFTY TWO  State dinners during the 80's....US

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3029964/Fewer-White-House-state-dinner-invites-Obama.html

@sligo

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Trusted Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Don't care for the hairstyle, but that's just personal style, I guess.

I think she looks fine, don't find it inappropriate, and the dress is attractive on her.

I just don't like her.  She lost me at "for the first time I am proud of my country."  So, I just don't agree with the lovefest here.

Hyacinth

DITTO!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

engineer wrote:

Surely you are familiar with dinners for Heads of State?  They have been going on forever, and the point is for one head of state to get to know another for reasons of diplomacy and working out issues.

The tax payers pay for it, it's part of the cost of politics with other countries.

"A state dinner or state lunch is a dinner or banquet paid by a government and hosted by a head of state in his or her official residence in order to renew and celebrate diplomatic ties between the host country and the country of a foreign head of state or head of government who was issued an invitation. It may form part of a state visit or diplomatic conference."

Wiki

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just when you think they can't get any more ignorant here.. they do.

She looked stunning. 

Trusted Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@engineer wrote:

The very same people who paid for the FIFTY TWO  State dinners during the 80's....US

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3029964/Fewer-White-House-state-dinner-invites-Obama.html

@sligo

They made up for it by vacationing constantly on our dime.  FLOTUS also doubled her staff from her predecessor's numbers.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Esteemed Contributor

@blahblahvampemerblah wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@engineer wrote:

@sligo

They made up for it by vacationing constantly on our dime.  FLOTUS also doubled her staff from her predecessor's numbers.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong? Woman LOL

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

First Lady of our great country looked absolutely stunning I am sure her husband was proud to walk in the room with her at his side. She made a beautiful impression for all. And if your worried about the dinner bill I will be glad to chip in on this one.

Honored Contributor

@blahblahvampemerblah wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@engineer wrote:

@sligo

I wasn't going to say anything because I recognize the attempts to criticize the WH are just here to flame and incite, and bring down this thread, but your post is just nonsense.  Previous presidents have used far more vacation time than the current CIC.  And, anyway, in today's world a person is basically on the job even when away from the office.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

She looked absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just amazing! The whole look was perfect!

~Live with Intention~