Respected Contributor

She looks lovely but the look seems little over the top for the event. 

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

She's not just educated, accomplished and strong - she's beautiful and stylish too!

And my bet is we won't see another like her for a very, very long time.

Well, if H wins I seriously doubt we will see Bill in Vera Wang ! 

Respected Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

She's not just educated, accomplished and strong - she's beautiful and stylish too!

And my bet is we won't see another like her for a very, very long time.

I agree. A State Dinner doesn't mean the FLOTUS must dress in a stodgy fashion at all. She's attractive, can wear almost anything and look stunning. The dress designer was chosen especially for this State Dinner as were many of the guests in attendance.

I thought the outfit worn by the Chinese leader's wife was also gorgeous. She's a beautiful woman too. Did anyone notice he had the folded "handkerchief" in his pocket that matched the color of her dress?

Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I wish the lighting could have accentuated the dress a bit more.  It was difficult to see the details.

The original photo was intended to showcase the tables/settings for the dinner, not necessarily the dress itself.

Respected Contributor

She's a fan of Vera Wang. She looks amazing in the photos. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

Lovely dress.  This is a differnt look for her.  I wonder if she is pandering to the Chinese in selecting a Vera Wang. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

She looks lovely but the look seems little over the top for the event. 

I agee with you.  While she looked very nice, it would have looked better in a different setting.

Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Lovely dress.  This is a differnt look for her.  I wonder if she is pandering to the Chinese in selecting a Vera Wang. 

Pandering? I take it that you haven't read anything regarding the State Dinner with the President of China and his wife-where Chinese Americans were featured prominently?

Vera Wang is a Chinese American.

Esteemed Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Trusted Contributor

@physicsnut wrote:

I thought she looked very inappropriate for this occasion but I'm not surprised.  She is trying too hard to look a lot younger than she really is - not a good look.

Couldn't agree more!