Honored Contributor

FLOODING IN HOUSTON MONDAY 4/18/16

[ Edited ]

There is flooding in the Houston area of Texas this morning.

We are thinking of all of you this morning and hoping that you are safe and free of damage.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: FLOODING IN HOUSTON MONDAY 4/18/16

I have a niece who is in the flood area.  The water is in her driveway but house is higher but she thinks it will get into her house as it already has her neighbors if it continues to rise.  Praying for all the people who are facing this awful destruction.

Esteemed Contributor

Prayers going out to the people in Houston and what they are going though. GODSPEED!

Trusted Contributor

I live in Houston, and yes...........it is coming down hard and fast!  I did make it in to work but that's only because I live just down the street from my office.  But here it is, 9:42 a.m. (CST), and I'm the only one here!  LOL

Honored Contributor

@lucymo

We have a nephew and niece and their kids who are experiencing the same. When they arrived back home after seeing family up here, their kitty had been apparently trapped up in their tree due to yard flooding.

They have water (some) in the house.

I wish it would quit raining.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@NiteStar wrote:

I live in Houston, and yes...........it is coming down hard and fast!  I did make it in to work but that's only because I live just down the street from my office.  But here it is, 9:42 a.m. (CST), and I'm the only one here!  LOL

Be safe and take care. Godspeed!

Respected Contributor

Be careful everyone. Saying prayers.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Valued Contributor

Sending prayers for everyone's safety.

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Honored Contributor

Rain is expected through Thursday.  It's that time of year but Houston really took a major hit with this system.

The hail storm last week, although rare in its intensity, caused major damage in my area - we were spared but DS's house had 3 broken windows.  Folks who had cars in driveways were worse off.  His street is filled with boarded up windows, cars covered with tarps because of broken glass, and even vents on roofs are cover over.  What a mess.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I saw a news video this morning of a man in a car with the water rising fast.

A reporter was right there and had to tell him to get out of the car and swim.  The poor guy looked so confused, the reporter waded out to help him.