Esteemed Contributor

Re: FL residents heads up Mandatory Mask Requirements coming your way😷

I would like to see 24/7 livestreaming of covid ICUs in hotspot hospitals.  Maybe seeing what could happen, what a severe infection is like would cause more awareness when out and about.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

We need a federal order to mask up!  It's great that states are reopening and our economy is starting to rebound, but it will not work unless everyone takes it seriously and stops minimizing the impact of the virus.  Wear a mask, practice social distancing when possible and wash hands frequently.  It's not that hard!

How would that be enforced? Put people in jail? These mask posts are so tiring and it always brings in the same people to bash and talk about the big p. 

@Lali1 Another day, another mask thread, or two, or three... Pretty much the same comments... Over and over... Just like Groundhog Day... That said, the MD not showing up for the appointment is just pretty much unforgivable, especially given the appointment was confirmed...

I agree. Of course he shou"d have showed up or called to cancel. 

Honored Contributor

I have friends in FL who say they have yet to put on a mask, and go everywhere in public. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

We need a federal order to mask up!  It's great that states are reopening and our economy is starting to rebound, but it will not work unless everyone takes it seriously and stops minimizing the impact of the virus.  Wear a mask, practice social distancing when possible and wash hands frequently.  It's not that hard!

How would that be enforced? Put people in jail? These mask posts are so tiring and it always brings in the same people to bash and talk about the big p. 

In my state, tickets are issued for not wearing a seat belt.  The same could be done to enforce wearing a mask.  Businesses here will not let you enter unless you have a mask on.

@Linmo,  enforcement by police issued tickets is not practical.  LE is seldom looking specifically for seat belt violations or even cell phone/texting violations.  Tickets for those offenses are generally in addition to an underlying violation like speeding.

However, if the onus to enforce wearing a mask is put on businesses it could be effective.  Complaints about people being allowed in without wearing a mask would result in suspension of business licenses for a set period of time--warning for first offense, 30 day suspension for a second offense, 60 days for a third offense, etc.

Respected Contributor

@Marp wrote:

I would like to see 24/7 livestreaming of covid ICUs in hotspot hospitals.  Maybe seeing what could happen, what a severe infection is like would cause more awareness when out and about.

If that were the case people would not drink  and drive or do drugs that people die from everyday. Those who do not follow rules don't care about laws or mandates or their own lives. Rather than constantly complain about people not following rules all we can do is follow them ourselves. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Perhaps they could do the same thing with those who abuse drugs, or use while pregnant.  Those would be some pretty horrific videos of people and babies going through withdrawal.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

I saw this bumper sticker on a vehicle parked in the employee's lot at the local hospital:  "(picture of person wearing face mask) OR (picture of person intubated on ventilator), You Decide"  

Esteemed Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@Marp wrote:

If that were the case people would not drink  and drive or do drugs that people die from everyday. Those who do not follow rules don't care about laws or mandates or their own lives. Rather than constantly complain about people not following rules all we can do is follow them ourselves. 

How many people actually see, in real time, the carnage resulting from a drunk driver causing an accident or an addict coding in the street? 

Seeing sanitized photos or video of such events compared to real time live streams of patients inextremis is comparing apples and oranges.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Linmo 

Our numbers in our city in South Texas skyrocketed and its millenials in the bars with no distancing and no masks ....they arent taking the virus seriously (I want to SCREAM at the doctor who said early on that "the young seemed to be immune"....they didnt know enough about the virus to even make that statement, so to broadcast that to the public was a HUGE MISTAKE).....Now the young are getting infected and also admitted to the hospitals, perhaps now they will take it more seriously......

The city/state even closed and fined some of these bars.....SMH!!!!  

Yep, we've had cases of the young that work in grocery stores come down with the virus too.....

MASKS ARE NOW MANDATORY IN OUR CITY as of 6/22!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I have friends in FL who say they have yet to put on a mask, and go everywhere in public. 

Florida ranks #6 today out of the 50 states in terms of total cases, over 100K. It has the distinction of having the most new cases of any state in Worldometer's stats today, over 5,500 in one day, and was second only to Arizona in today's death stats of 45, for a total of 3,285. Florida's testing rate is below the national average.

I hope your friends do not become part of future statistics in Florida.