Honored Contributor

Re: e's the thingRe: FL residents heads up Mandatory Mask Requirements coming your way😷

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

Here's the thing:

Currently in MD, we are wearing masks outside, inside....no issues. You just do it because it's the thing to do. Businesses are open and you wear a mask. People are working, money is being made and it's all happening while you wear a mask. What IS the problem?

The problem is that there are many who are selfish. The problem is that there are MANY who don't care about anyone else. The problem is that many think it's a hoax and political issues abound. And so, the numbers are skyrocketing where many gathered and gave the finger to the mask. Surprise (not).

Wearing a mask is a PITA, I agree. It's a simple thing to do that helps so many, however. I'm a big believer in standing up for what's right, your personal rights and to question authority but geez louise, LOOK AROUND THE WORLD. Wear the freaking mask AND stay away from people you don't know (and those at risk) AND wash your hands. We can go about our business if everyone does this. Why the heck is this such a hard concept for our society? BTW, it's the same issue in England. Hmm....

When people start calling names and judging others, the argument is lost.  You truly do not want to hear another point of view, you do not want to understand what others are thinking.  You have decided that you are right, they are wrong and everyone must do what you say.  And people wonder why this world is so messed up.

Amen... That entire mantra is why so many of these threads end up deleted and why so many people are utterly tired of seeing them... The bully pulpit hasn't worked yet and it's never going to work... People, right or wrong, are going to do as they see fit and no amount of posturing, name calling or issuing of recriminations is going to change that reality... Like it or not, that's how it is...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Re: e's the thingRe: FL residents heads up Mandatory Mask Requirements coming your way😷

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

Here's the thing:

Currently in MD, we are wearing masks outside, inside....no issues. You just do it because it's the thing to do. Businesses are open and you wear a mask. People are working, money is being made and it's all happening while you wear a mask. What IS the problem?

The problem is that there are many who are selfish. The problem is that there are MANY who don't care about anyone else. The problem is that many think it's a hoax and political issues abound. And so, the numbers are skyrocketing where many gathered and gave the finger to the mask. Surprise (not).

Wearing a mask is a PITA, I agree. It's a simple thing to do that helps so many, however. I'm a big believer in standing up for what's right, your personal rights and to question authority but geez louise, LOOK AROUND THE WORLD. Wear the freaking mask AND stay away from people you don't know (and those at risk) AND wash your hands. We can go about our business if everyone does this. Why the heck is this such a hard concept for our society? BTW, it's the same issue in England. Hmm....

When people start calling names and judging others, the argument is lost.  You truly do not want to hear another point of view, you do not want to understand what others are thinking.  You have decided that you are right, they are wrong and everyone must do what you say.  And people wonder why this world is so messed up.

Amen... That entire mantra is why so many of these threads end up deleted and why so many people are utterly tired of seeing them... The bully pulpit hasn't worked yet and it's never going to work... People, right or wrong, are going to do as they see fit and no amount of posturing, name calling or issuing of recriminations is going to change that reality... Like it or not, that's how it is...

People no longer want to agree to disagree, they always must be right.  And if you do not agree with them there must be something wrong with you, stupid, selfish etc.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
QVC Customer Care

Re: FL residents heads up Mandatory Mask Requirements coming your way😷

This post has been removed by QVC because it could be considered controversial

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@software wrote:

And all those people forced to wear a mask probably haven't washed their hands, with soap, for at least 20 seconds,  in forever.  Handwashing is way more important than wearing a mask.

Yes hand washing is extremely important, social distancing, and masks.  3 simple things that can make a big difference

@sunshine 919 @software 

Yes, the big 3.  I don't know that one of these has been determined to be more important than another.

Saw something on the news this morning (in passing, as I was busy) in Florida (maybe it was Arizona) with people yelling at whoever it was telling them it was a requirement now to wear masks.  People were yelling that it violated their Constitutional Rights.

I say good luck to that....

I have seen studies referrenced that social is far more effective.  Most places are only requiring masks when social distancing is not possible.  And well washing hands should be a no brainer  any time.

It seems obvious to me that masks and social distancing go hand in hand.  If you are home you don't need a mask, if you are walking outside with no one near you you don't need a mask.  If you are going to work and other people are around you need a mask.  The more business opens up, the more you need a mask.In

We want the economy to stay open we need to wear masks as distancing becomes a lot more difficult.

This is where many disagree, if you can distance a mask is not necessary while others want both.  There is no consensus even amount all these "experts".  Vast majority are taking responsibility for their own safety and distancing themselves from others and not expecting others to accomodate them.  Businesses are required to provide social distancing as well as many other precautions (plastic bariers, sanatizing etc)  Masks are only one piece in a complicated puzzle, not the answer so many want it to be.

Uh huh.

Good luck in the real world where distancing is going to happen so well as businesses continue to open.

Well I have been out in the real world and working  this entire time.  Distancing does work.  And in the handful times I thought it would not be possible, I just left the situation.  Took responsibility for my safety, not leaving it up to others.  Sorry you do not feel you have that same control in your life.

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@software wrote:

And all those people forced to wear a mask probably haven't washed their hands, with soap, for at least 20 seconds,  in forever.  Handwashing is way more important than wearing a mask.

Yes hand washing is extremely important, social distancing, and masks.  3 simple things that can make a big difference

@sunshine 919 @software 

Yes, the big 3.  I don't know that one of these has been determined to be more important than another.

Saw something on the news this morning (in passing, as I was busy) in Florida (maybe it was Arizona) with people yelling at whoever it was telling them it was a requirement now to wear masks.  People were yelling that it violated their Constitutional Rights.

I say good luck to that....

I have seen studies referrenced that social is far more effective.  Most places are only requiring masks when social distancing is not possible.  And well washing hands should be a no brainer  any time.

It seems obvious to me that masks and social distancing go hand in hand.  If you are home you don't need a mask, if you are walking outside with no one near you you don't need a mask.  If you are going to work and other people are around you need a mask.  The more business opens up, the more you need a mask.In

We want the economy to stay open we need to wear masks as distancing becomes a lot more difficult.

This is where many disagree, if you can distance a mask is not necessary while others want both.  There is no consensus even amount all these "experts".  Vast majority are taking responsibility for their own safety and distancing themselves from others and not expecting others to accomodate them.  Businesses are required to provide social distancing as well as many other precautions (plastic bariers, sanatizing etc)  Masks are only one piece in a complicated puzzle, not the answer so many want it to be.

Uh huh.

Good luck in the real world where distancing is going to happen so well as businesses continue to open.

Well I have been out in the real world and working  this entire time.  Distancing does work.  And in the handful times I thought it would not be possible, I just left the situation.  Took responsibility for my safety, not leaving it up to others.  Sorry you do not feel you have that same control in your life.

Good for you that distancing works in your job.  I have no idea what you do, but congrats!

Lots of people have jobs where distancing is extremely challenging, if not virtually impossible.

Honored Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

Here's the thing:

Amen and Hallelujah!

Honored Contributor

And those who are just oh so tired of mask threads continue to show up, like bees to honey, to chastise.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

We need a federal order to mask up!  

Federal order? With what enforcement and penalty?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lali1 wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

We need a federal order to mask up!  It's great that states are reopening and our economy is starting to rebound, but it will not work unless everyone takes it seriously and stops minimizing the impact of the virus.  Wear a mask, practice social distancing when possible and wash hands frequently.  It's not that hard!

How would that be enforced? Put people in jail? These mask posts are so tiring and it always brings in the same people to bash and talk about the big p. 

In my state, tickets are issued for not wearing a seat belt.  The same could be done to enforce wearing a mask.  Businesses here will not let you enter unless you have a mask on.

Esteemed Contributor

Why I should wear a mask? 😲

“It’s about twice as infectious as influenza and it is about 20 times as lethal.” said Dr. Charles Lockwood, dean of the USF medical school.

Doctors told the group (deciding to masks mandatory) that young people may not feel sick immediately, or maybe at all, but they can pass the virus on to older and more vulnerable people.

Lockwood, Wilson, and Tampa General’s president and CEO, John Couris urged the group to pass the mandatory mask ordinance as a way to slow down the spread of the virus.

Data from Florida Dept. of Health shows:

AGE CASES DEATHS

25- 34 18% 1%

35- 44 16% 2%

45- 54 16% 4%

65- 74 9% 21%

75- 84 6% 28%

85+ 4% 36%

Honored Contributor