Respected Contributor

Re: FL residents heads up Mandatory Mask Requirements coming your way😷

[ Edited ]

I'm curious - for those that dislike masks because they feel hot, or you cannot breathe well, have you tried another sort of mask?

We use neoprene fabric masks that don't seem to bother us in that way during the short times "out".  DH says sometimes his glasses fog up at first, but I've read of remedies for that (need to look it up again).

As far as scientists coming up with a solution, they're working on a vaccine.  If anyone has a better idea to stop this, I'm sure they would welcome it.

Know *I* can't come up with an overnight solution.  Woman Sad

Denise
Valued Contributor

@KKJ  @stevieb   Look at the title of the thread.  This is news.  I am not from FL and yet am thankful for this thread informing us of the latest info. 

There is a video of a woman speaking to the city council saying she will make a citizen's arrest to every member because they had "no right" to mandate wearing a mask. 

Hard to believe.....google it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@denisemb wrote:

I'm curious - for those that dislike masks because they feel hot, or you cannot breathe well, have you tried another sort of mask?

We use neoprene fabric masks that don't seem to bother us in that way during the short times "out".  DH says sometimes his glasses fog up at first, but I've read of remedies for that (need to look it up again).

As far as scientists coming up with a solution, they're working on a vaccine.  If anyone has a better idea to stop this, I'm sure they would welcome it.

Know *I* can't come up with an overnight solution.  Woman Sad

Oh yea, I do believe the 'overnight' solution ship sailed at least six months ago...  Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

We need a federal order to mask up!  It's great that states are reopening and our economy is starting to rebound, but it will not work unless everyone takes it seriously and stops minimizing the impact of the virus.  Wear a mask, practice social distancing when possible and wash hands frequently.  It's not that hard!

@Linmo 

ITA ............   last night on the news a few morons were "protesting" that wearing a mask is in violation of their rights.  Good grief, do people ever realize that sometimes we just need to bite the bullet and be inconvenienced until this thing winds down?

Reminds me of the idiots that didn't want to wear seatbelts while in cars because it "violated their rights"?   Throw their stupid azzzes in jail, IMO.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in Massachusetts with a Republican Governor and we were in the top 3 with the highest amount of cases.  We have been told to wear masks and I must say most everyone has been complying.  Basically, the rule in this state is no mask, no entry.

This state is still not fully opened.  I am glad we have a sensible Governor and Mayor of Boston.  Not sure where the constitution states that being asked to wear masks for public health reasons goes against the constitution.   I think people are being irresponsible and difficult for the sake of being difficult.

Why would humans not want to protect another person.  It is completely irresponsible that we have a leader who thumbs his nose at medical professionals while saying he stands with them.  The surge in cases puts them at risk.  Did you catch the news today?  Not fake news people.

I am so tired of this ridiculous stituation and the ignorance of some people in this Country.  The mask is to protect others from you not you from them.  I am high risk and would like to live through this pandemic.  

I am definately at the end of my patience and the lies about the pandemic and people thinking it is a hoax.  We have 25% of the cases and 25% of the deaths worldwide.  Wake up America!!! 

Trusted Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

We need a federal order to mask up!  It's great that states are reopening and our economy is starting to rebound, but it will not work unless everyone takes it seriously and stops minimizing the impact of the virus.  Wear a mask, practice social distancing when possible and wash hands frequently.  It's not that hard!

Read the box of masks, they admit they don't work.  They do make you breathe in more Co2, and they create a moist environment for bacteria and viruses.  As an ER nurse admitted to me when I said they don't work, "you have me there."  Most if the people I see in hospitals and nursing homes are removing the masks, and what happens when you do so?  Touch it.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.