Honored Contributor

Re: FL residents heads up Mandatory Mask Requirements coming your way😷

[ Edited ]

I don't know about other areas; In my area, there seem to be a small few who intentionally like to cough out loud near folks who are wearing masks.

Out their car window as they pass by, on a parking meter that I was going to use, in church (probably not intentional, just no tissues, etc.  Probably not evolved/aware, etc.) even well before this virus), etc., etc.

And I'm one who minds my own business, kind, gentle type who doesn't give anyone any 'looks'.  

So, I guess what I'm saying is that it depends on the small area/community.

That's all I can think of right now.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Re: e's the thingRe: FL residents heads up Mandatory Mask Requirements coming your way😷

[ Edited ]

@KKJ wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee Nothing is wrong with wearing them. If you read my post I was talking about the constant harping on people not wearing masks, not social distancing, calling them selfish, etc. This same tired narrative is posted ad nauseum day after day. But hey, keep posting it if it makes you happy. All your whining about people not wearing masks isn't going to change things. You can't control what others do.

I will agree that I don't like name calling, and while it's not true in every case, often when someone knows that a simple act could save a life, or even just keep someone else from getting sick, that is being selfish--plain and simple. In other cases it could be ignorance...not everyone is good at keeping up with current news. I also realize there are those who are unable but they're not the majority.

So whether or not the threads are posted as you say, ad nauseum, it's interesting that those who say they're so tired of the same old, same old  just can't seem to stay away. There's one poster on here who claims these threads are just so tedious and yet she's probably posted more comments on this thread than anyone. So to quote you--keep posting if it makes you happy. Apparently some enjoy the fatigue, lol. 

Like a moth to a flame | John Fischer The Catch

Honored Contributor

Re: e's the thingRe: FL residents heads up Mandatory Mask Requirements coming your way😷

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

@CrazyDaisy    Yeah, people who won't wear masks are. I haven't hear or read one valid reason for not doing so. Not here, not anywhere. Especially since business IS carrying on as usual with the precautions in place (at least where I live). I'll spare you why we in the medical community find them necessary because that obviously means nothing as well.  So....what's the problem with wearing them? Please, enlighten me/us.

Attitdude is everything when having an actual discussion.  Your condecending words and tone indicate you are not open for that discussion.  To try and answer your questions would be a waste of time. We will just have to agree that we disagree on this matter.

@CrazyDaisy 

Your response here is absolutely hilarious.

Truly.

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee Nothing is wrong with wearing them. If you read my post I was talking about the constant harping on people not wearing masks, not social distancing, calling them selfish, etc. This same tired narrative is posted ad nauseum day after day. But hey, keep posting it if it makes you happy. All your whining about people not wearing masks isn't going to change things. You can't control what others do.

I will agree that I don't like name calling, and while it's not true in every case, often when someone knows that a simple act could save a life, or even just keep someone else from getting sick, that is being selfish--plain and simple. In other cases it could be ignorance...not everyone is good at keeping up with current news. I also realize there are those who unable but they're not the majority.

So whether or not the threads are posted as you say, ad nauseum, it's interesting that those who say they're so tired of the same old, same old  just can't seem to stay away. There's one poster on here who claims these threads are just so tedious and yet she's probably posted more comments on this thread than anyone. So to quote you--keep posting if it makes you happy. Apparently some enjoy the fatigue, lol. 

Cute. I guess this is not a free board and you can post whatever you want but others can't. These post always draw the same people including you. If people want to talk politics and make cooments about whatever they want maybe they should find a new board to do that on. One where they don't close the posts down over and over. I think I know why people do it here instead of going elsewhere. 

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I don't know about other areas; In my area, there seem to be a small few who intentionally like to cough out loud near folks who are wearing masks.

Out their car window as they pass by, on a parking meter that I was going to use, in church (even well before this virus), etc., etc.

And I'm one who minds my own business, kind, gentle type who doesn't give anyone any 'looks'.  

So, I guess what I'm saying is that it depends on the small area/community.

That's all I can think of right now.

@ROMARY 

I'm sorry that happened to you.

There are indeed more than a few knuckleheads out there.

Valued Contributor

Same thing happened  to my daughter waited months on appt with dr. They called and confirmed appt. she arrived they told her they would have to reschedule. Dr is an hour away. 

Respected Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

Here's the thing:

Currently in MD, we are wearing masks outside, inside....no issues. You just do it because it's the thing to do. Businesses are open and you wear a mask. People are working, money is being made and it's all happening while you wear a mask. What IS the problem?

The problem is that there are many who are selfish. The problem is that there are MANY who don't care about anyone else. The problem is that many think it's a hoax and political issues abound. And so, the numbers are skyrocketing where many gathered and gave the finger to the mask. Surprise (not).

Wearing a mask is a PITA, I agree. It's a simple thing to do that helps so many, however. I'm a big believer in standing up for what's right, your personal rights and to question authority but geez louise, LOOK AROUND THE WORLD. Wear the freaking mask AND stay away from people you don't know (and those at risk) AND wash your hands. We can go about our business if everyone does this. Why the heck is this such a hard concept for our society? BTW, it's the same issue in England. Hmm....

When people start calling names and judging others, the argument is lost.  You truly do not want to hear another point of view, you do not want to understand what others are thinking.  You have decided that you are right, they are wrong and everyone must do what you say.  And people wonder why this world is so messed up.

I didn't see any name calling, only common sense and a wish for people to do the right thing. How can you object to doing the right thing? What is the alternative - being in favor of doing the wrong thing?

Again, we aren't against doing the right thing. Yes, people should wear masks, yes, we should social distance. But why does this have to be posted day after day thread after thread post after post?  We get it. 

Respected Contributor

Maybe people are lonely and need an outlet.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

I will agree that I don't like name calling, and while it's not true in every case, often when someone knows that a simple act could save a life, or even just keep someone else from getting sick, that is being selfish--plain and simple. In other cases it could be ignorance...not everyone is good at keeping up with current news. I also realize there are those who unable but they're not the majority.

Cute. I guess this is not a free board and you can post whatever you want but others can't. These post always draw the same people including you. If people want to talk politics and make cooments about whatever they want maybe they should find a new board to do that on. One where they don't close the posts down over and over. I think I know why people do it here instead of going elsewhere. 

Lol, I guess you recognized yourself in my post. Can't imagine how as I used no names. Smiley Very Happy

As for the threads always drawing me--you couldn't be more wrong. I rarely post on these threads about either the virus or masks. Perhaps your fatigue has you confused?

As for this not being a free board...look in the mirror. You're the one saying these threads are a problem not me. And as I said in my previous post...keep posting of it makes you happy. Even though I don't comment on these threads often I do read a lot and you're always here. It's actually kind of nice to have something to count on.

However, if that exhaustion continues, might I suggest vitamins? Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

We need a federal order to mask up!  It's great that states are reopening and our economy is starting to rebound, but it will not work unless everyone takes it seriously and stops minimizing the impact of the virus.  Wear a mask, practice social distancing when possible and wash hands frequently.  It's not that hard!

How would that be enforced? Put people in jail? These mask posts are so tiring and it always brings in the same people to bash and talk about the big p. 

People should want to do whatever it takes to slow down this virus until we have a cure. They should want to do it for themselves because we now know that there are lasting affects due to organ damage whether you are symptomatic or not. People should also want to do it because it is the right thing to do in order to protect others. We should not have to enforce "doing the right thing".

Isn't this true of everything? Yet from the beginning of time people have killed others and hurt others. We have prisons and laws because some people don't like to do what is good and right. We live in a free country where you don't get your arm chopped off for stealing. Thank Goodness!