Honored Contributor

FL residents heads up Mandatory Mask Requirements coming your way😷

[ Edited ]

Just reported on nightly news:

• Hillsborough
  • Pasco
  • Pinellas

Executive Order signed masks are mandatory as of 5pm in all indoor businesses.

Personally, I have not been actively following the updates yet our county has #s tripled this week.  Apparently, there are several employees at our local Publix stores who have tested positive.  Many are under 25.  

I went to physicians office in medical office building attached to a major hospital today.  We were kinda surprised there was no one monitoring people going in.  Even more surprising, many did not have any facial covering🤷‍♀️😳.

Although, when we got to pulmonary doctors office door was locked, you had to knock to be let in - no mask no entry (they did not provide) and temp taken - only patient was allowed entry.

I was shocked considering this is a big hospital complex and would think this would have been a place of mandatory masks for everyone.

(And we were not happy spouse waited 11 weeks to see doctor and DOCTOR was not scheduled to be in office today😡😡 I was mad as a hornet -- rescheduled spouse for end of July🤬.  He didn't see even a PA.This office was 1.5 hrs away, the office even called to confirm appt yesterday😳🤔)

Respected Contributor

Re: FL residents heads up Mandatory Mask Requirements coming your way😷

That's a crackola--about the dr., of course.

Mask Up FL.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We need a federal order to mask up!  It's great that states are reopening and our economy is starting to rebound, but it will not work unless everyone takes it seriously and stops minimizing the impact of the virus.  Wear a mask, practice social distancing when possible and wash hands frequently.  It's not that hard!

Respected Contributor

If we've come to the nadir of waiting for politicians to tell us what to do to survive, we're in deep doo-doo.  Use the brains you were born with.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 

That's disgraceful, had you missed the appointed they would have made you pay.  Something is really wrong with this picture.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if the Florida Walmart man has heard the news?😂

Google “Florida Walmart man” if you haven’t seen the video. Older man flipped out on the poor Walmart employee who tried to stop him from entering without a mask.
Honored Contributor

Nothing shocks me these days, but I am shocked that a hospital complex would not be monitoring and requiring masks. That's so irresponsible, and negligent as a medical facility. I wouldn't go anywhere near such a facility.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

Yep masks are now required.

Husband's office began doing 1 week home, 1 week in office this week. Word is orders will come down that all employees will be working from home as of next week.  His company does not mess around this $%#&. Sadly, they are the exception and not the rule in Florida.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

We need a federal order to mask up!  It's great that states are reopening and our economy is starting to rebound, but it will not work unless everyone takes it seriously and stops minimizing the impact of the virus.  Wear a mask, practice social distancing when possible and wash hands frequently.  It's not that hard!

I totally agree with you linmo, Not sure why there is no federal order.  I am not understanding why some people are so against it.  People are mandated to wear seat belts, when you are on a plane you have to buckle your seat belts.  Why do some people think you can get on a plane without a mask.  Such a simple thing to do. I have heard doctors, nurses other medical personnell stress how important it is to wear a mask, experts are saying wear a mask and yet people ignore it.  Cases are spiking in certain areas.  Why are people not listening.

Honored Contributor

And all those people forced to wear a mask probably haven't washed their hands, with soap, for at least 20 seconds,  in forever.  Handwashing is way more important than wearing a mask.