Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Instead of offering a 5 Hour Flash Easy Pay Event, how about fixing the darn site? 

I'm not shopping even w/ 10 easy pays until this situation is corrected.

@Shanus, fixing the board takes the IT people to do it, which I'm sure has nothing to do with EZ pays.  There are plenty of threads about fixing the board already - QVC is well aware of the problem which I'm sure is frustrating to the mods also.  

Awwww.........

Honored Contributor

@Noel7  The jumping is maddening but would you believe many posters don't have it?? They say it's because of the carrier-like Chrome which I use. QVC has needed a new computer tech for a long time-a whole new company.

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@IamMrsG,  I agree with you and I'm going to continue to share this info so more posters will realize we're seeing something more than a nuisance or a cosmetic problem.

I think the ongoing technical problem is much more serious than some realize.    By taking us to the shopping area to log in, even though we wanted to be only in the community forums, the security of our personal info (in the shopping site) is compromised in my opinion.  

The shopping area is supposed to be more secure than the forums because it's directly linked to our personal and financial information (an https site as opposed to the Community's less-secure http).   

In the past, the access to the 2 areas was carefully kept separate -- now it isn't.   This new redirect causes us to be signed into both our shopping account and our posting account.   

Also, for both areas, when I use Firefox or Chrome, the browser indicates the connection is not secure (this refers to a QVC website problem -- not our internet provider).   Several of us reported the connection issue on a Customer Care thread in December and the problem never has been addressed or corrected.

Example:

image.jpeg Firefox security alert 1

A long time ago I removed my personal and financial info from the website.    When I add it back to make a purchase I remove it again after everything has cleared.     This substandard website needs serious attention...  but frankly I don't think anything substantial will be done.

I feel we're seeing a significant security problem that's being ignored by the tech support staff.   I do not think this is the fault of the moderators, because they do not provide IT support -- I feel certain they have shared multiple reports and probably all we can do is continue to voice our concerns.

Suggestion for posters:  after signing in and finding yourself on your order history page, go to the top of the page and log out.    That action will sign you out of your shopping account.    Then, use your bookmark or the Community link and you'll return to the forums and you'll still be signed in here.

@dooBdoo  I wish I could give you more then one heart.   Your experience and knowledge on these issues is vast.

Other posters and QVC management should sit up and take heed to what you have posted.

Thank you.

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo I had the same thought about the shopping/community separation.  I've been doing exactly as you suggest and logging myself out again to post...but as the bulk of the complaining has centered around the "inconvenience" of this, I doubt most will be interested in adding yet another step they have to take to get here...

Respected Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@dooBdoo I had the same thought about the shopping/community separation.  I've been doing exactly as you suggest and logging myself out again to post...but as the bulk of the complaining has centered around the "inconvenience" of this, I doubt most will be interested in adding yet another step they have to take to get here...

@WenGirl42  I agree and basically I was one of those annoyed posters until I read what  @dooBdoo posted.  I don't want to take a chance with my personal information being possibly exposed.  I am not tech knowledgeable so I appreciate all the "heads up" I can get.  

Respected Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@WenGirl42  Until this sign-on situation arose, I did not realize the shopping/community pages were connected. Until just very recently, I did not realize I should or could sign-off on the shopping history page before continuing on to the message boards.

This is cautionary advice that I feel QVC should have stepped up and been responsible for distributing to its customers until the snafu is corrected.  When you add to the mix the Chrome warning that QVC's site is not secure and, therefore, one should not enter sensitive personal data (e.g., credit card information), lax security is looking more like lack of customer concern.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Be glad when it's fixed.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee. Are you aware that until they get around to correcting the problem, your account info is not secure? My point was to stop giving us ways to purchase more with extra easy pay options, but spend time on the site issues. So one thing does have something to do with the other. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Pearlee. Are you aware that until they get around to correcting the problem, your account info is not secure? My point was to stop giving us ways to purchase more with extra easy pay options, but spend time on the site issues. So one thing does have something to do with the other. 

@Shanus  Nice backpedal!  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is calling out another poster.