Valued Contributor

Re: FIRST THEY TRY TO "RING" US TO PIECES AND

I guess QVC hit on the idea that there is profit to be made selling infomercial time to companies rather than having their buyers find items that customers may or may not want to buy.

Honored Contributor

The thing is people don't want wired headphones anymore. There are going to be some disappointed gift recipients .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

now it's a non-stop Dr. Dre junk all day long. Good grief, make it stop. I only know about the Dr. Dre stuff from checking online. Saw it once and turned the channel.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

The thing is people don't want wired headphones anymore. There are going to be some disappointed gift recipients .

Oh my, you are right. I think they buy up huge quantities of close out items and sell them to the unsuspecting.

Honored Contributor

RING had to be "re-tooled" because it could easily be hacked.  If I'm not mistaken the fix was done in 2016.

However, that left all the prior RING products out there still vulnerable.

The Dre headphones have been around the Q for a long time; whether they merit so much airtime is really up to the viewer to determine. 

Not interested in either product but I'm also not interested in $200 cheesecakes, either, no matter if presented only once or a hundred times. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

My "grip" with QVC programming is the amount of time and number of presentations they dedicate to the TSV.   My DH and I laugh. When watching TV we will switch channels to the Q during commercials and 90% of the time it is the TSV being presented.

I just don't watch anymore and check "Items Recently on Air".   And admittedly our amount of purchasing has dropped drastically over the years, which is probably a good thing for us.

Honored Contributor

The only Q program I enjoy....to some extent...is AM Style on Saturday morning.  And even that isn't as enjoyable as it once was.  Too much time spent on beauty products.  I don't see any need for that, since they have a dedicated beauty channel.

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Oh my, you are right. I think they buy up hege quantities of close out items and sell them to the unsuspecting.

Yes they take advantage of those who aren't tech savvy to move old merch.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@makena sweetie, I don't watch QVC "all day long." I checked it in between other things I'm busy with. And if I consider something junk it's my right to say so.

You disagree and that's fine. No need to be so snotty, or is there? Bless your heart!

@Love my grandkids

I get so tired of the "change the channel" gang.  Even after we've clearly stated when Q's programing gets monotonous and boring we do NOT watch!!!  You cant help but notice when you read the Program Guide or flip through the channels how repetitive and uninteresting QVC has become.  As customers we certainly are allowed to express our opinion!

QVC seems to be losing the interest of a lot of their current customers...........you would think QVC would pay attention to this type of valuable feedback---the products/programming may have been bad, but not as bad as THIS YEAR! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

The only Q program I enjoy....to some extent...is AM Style on Saturday morning.  And even that isn't as enjoyable as it once was.  Too much time spent on beauty products.  I don't see any need for that, since they have a dedicated beauty channel.

@Krimpette

The only programming I enjoy is Valerie Parr Hill and AM STYLE....

I watch AM STYLE on Saturday morning since there's not much on at that hour other than stale news shows.......I agree with you, AM STYLE used to be enjoyable but now its mostly beauty products with overlong presentations....and all their clothing lines looks mostly the same these days....also too much lounge wear (cuddl duds, Peace/Love, anybody), and just the same ole same ole....I remember when they used to bring in some unique designers with unique styles....now its mostly overpriced clothing where I can do better at local stores............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”