Honored Contributor

Re: FIRST CLASS STAMP INCREASE AUG. 29

@CherryHugs wrote:

This might mean even less received Christmas cards this year. Seems less

and less people send now. 

@CherryHugs. I think that's mostly caused by the prevalence of emailing people all year and postings on social media keeping people up to date more than the price of stamps.

Honored Contributor

I have almost all my monthly bills auto-pay - charged directly to my credit card .... then, just write one check a month to pay the credit card bill ... 

AND 

I get all those great credit card points!   

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Goes from 55 cents to 58 cents. Post card rate also increases.

Sources: Washington Post, NY Post, Forbes Magazine

Buy forever stamps before the increase!

____

Thank you for posting the date. I guess I will buy another batch of forever stamps at Costco before the increase. Last time I purchased them at Costco (before the last increase) they said that they included one free stamp in the purchase price. Woo hoo, a whopping 55 cents this time around!

Super Contributor

@Deree wrote:

Well, I don't like service companies having my CC number or checking account access, but I guess I'll be paying online shortly.  

I use the online banking service offered by my bank. I do not use the auto-pay function from regular checking  where the bill is automatically paid every month (were the amount is always the same),  The reason is I don't like the idea of companies having unlimited access to my checking account. 

I set up a seperate checking account at the same bank for any auto-debit payments. This is mostly for the supplemental health payments for vision, prescriptions, dental, etc. I transfer funds from the regular checking into the 2nd checking account as needed and I keep the total funds available as low as possible. This limits risk of error, both mine and theirs. 

Esteemed Contributor

They could eliminate Saturday and one other day for all I care. All I get is junk mail anyway. But if they did eliminate days the days they do deliver i would be waiting until 8:00 for mail. Heck my neighbors only pick up their mail maybe once a week. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  That just might be, you are right!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller