This post has been removed by QVC because it has political references

Valued Contributor

Re: FIRST CLASS STAMP INCREASE AUG. 29

@Zernia Rose Thanks for saying all that

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

If you pay bills through your bank, be sure to find out how they pay them.

Some banks mail payments, so that's the same as if you did.  And they can still be delayed. 

@geezerette 

My bank's bill pay system lets me set the date to mail the payment and then shows what the arrival date will be.  I can change my mailing date and watch the arrival date change accordingly.  I give things a full 10 days to arrive nowadays.  And I have no costs for postage.

If someone says they did not receive a payment, the bank stands behind me and resolves the problem. I've been using their system for probably 10 years now and couldn't be happier with it.

BTW as far as I understand it, my bank mails payments only to those businesses that are not set up to receive payments electronically.

@shoesnbags 

That's smart.  A lot of people still end up with late payments because they seem to think if they pay online it's automatically 'instantaneous'.

Even if you're paying online instead of by mail, you still need to take some responsibility for paying on time.

Respected Contributor

They really need to replace those boxy mail carrier trucks, they're all really old.  The manufacturer stopped building them nearly 30 years ago.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

They really need to replace those boxy mail carrier trucks, they're all really old.  The manufacturer stopped building them nearly 30 years ago.

@aubnwa01 I don't think our 3- cent increase will allow them to do that.

Honored Contributor

I mail lots of cards and notes, and am on my second roll of 100 stamps this year.  I will definitely place a large stamp order soon.   

Respected Contributor

A bargain!

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I mail lots of cards and notes, and am on my second roll of 100 stamps this year.  I will definitely place a large stamp order soon.   

@RedTop  Good idea! 

Esteemed Contributor

I’ll have to get some more.  I still use stamps for certain things I mail out.  

Honored Contributor

This might mean even less received Christmas cards this year. Seems less

and less people send now. 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller