Honored Contributor

FedEx drivers sometimes scan items as delivered when they haven't been. Anytime that's happened, I get the item a day or two later. Everything has always been delivered, just maybe a day later.

I recently had a great experience with FedEx. I ordered something and saw it was out for delivery 2 days in a row.  FedEx actually called me and we figured out the retailer listed another suburb's name and zip on the package. I gave FedEx the correct info and they delivered it to me the next morning.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

All the shipping companies are short staffed.  They are struggling to return to normal, and trying to keep up with increased demand.

Yes, I, too, have had Fed Ex packages arrive very late, weeks after the  original date. Sometimes packages say "delivered," and then show up a day or two later.  Ground is always much, much slower than air.

Also, sometimes new delivery staff put packages in strange places,  or don't know all the addresses well enough on a street to bring it to the correct house.

I track my packages daily and try to watch out for the trucks if at all possible.

With USPS I have had packages lost/delayed for a few months!

Do I hate them?  No, that is too much emotion and energy to put out for a company, and I also know the whole world is still in recovery from the pandemic.

Yes, I would like everything promptly, but patience is a virtue, and I will survive waiting.

Whoa, whoa, whoa....slow it down there a min.  You people have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME, RIGHT?  I don't really "hate" Fedex.  OMG, some of you need to grow up.  That's my figure of speech for how angry I am at them right at this moment.  As soon as my situation is resolved, I won't be so angry at them.  You've never said you "hate something, someone" and know you never really mean it?  Give me a big break.

@FancyPhillyshopper 

Relax. Not everyone is going to agree with you, your wording, etc. It has nothing to do with giving you a break. You posted, you get responses.  You need thick skin to post on any forum or social media. 

Honored Contributor

All the shipping companies are short staffed.  They are struggling to return to normal, and trying to keep up with increased demand.

Yes, I, too, have had Fed Ex packages arrive very late, weeks after the  original date. Sometimes packages say "delivered," and then show up a day or two later.  Ground is always much, much slower than air.

Also, sometimes new delivery staff put packages in strange places,  or don't know all the addresses well enough on a street to bring it to the correct house.

I track my packages daily and try to watch out for the trucks if at all possible.

Do I hate them?  No, that is too much emotion and energy to put out for a company, and I also know the whole world is still in recovery from the pandemic.

Yes, I would like everything promptly, but patience is a virtue, and I will survive waiting.

It isn't about patience. That's easy. It's about dumbness. I think some of the drivers can't read street signs. They are often on the wrong street. Sometimes they are in the wrong state. Seriously. I have no respect for this company. And if by some quirk of fate they did find my house? Into the mailbox or beside it is where they put it. They wouldn't trouble themselves to walk up to my house and actually place it on the porch like UPS. I love UPS.

Honored Contributor

I cringe when I see Fed Ex is delivering my packages.  I never get it when they say I am going to because it is traveling all over the world before I get it. 

Honored Contributor

@Neetgal2 wrote:

In South Jersey, I have no problems with Fed Ex.  I can't say that for UPS or the Post Office.  I will say, lately, they are all much better.  I do not use Amazon.

I just look at it and think, wow, I did not have to drive to 6 different places to find certain things.

I'm also in South Jersey and my experience with Fed-Ex is the exact opposite. No problems with UPS or USPS, but anything coming Fed-Ex is a nightmare.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm sure FedEx is competing with Newgistics for the title of most incompetent, lying entity in the shipping business. I'm so sick of them I could scream.  Early this week they claim to have delivered A package to my local post office, then on three subsequent days they scanned it in Arizona.  I finally got it today after 11 days to get here from California.

@Kachina624 

Yes, Fed EX is by far the WORST here....and yes, @gertrudecloset they do lie!!!  BUT UPS is running a close second these days......SHEESH!!!! Doesnt anyone want to do a good job anymore....🙄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: FEDEX IS THE WORST.

[ Edited ]

@FancyPhillyshopper 

From what our local news said the delivery companies AND even USPS are fully staffed up to pre-pandemic standards....and the UPS workers are complaining about too much down time on UPS's Facebook Page.. AND with UPS Prime Choice you designate where you want your packages delivered so what's their excuse with that!!!  🙄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

Shoekitty said.  I beg to differ about ground being longer than expedited.  Patience doesn't help perishable items last 4 or 5 days in heat.  Even packed well with ice.  Espcecially ice cream.  Lol. It is all the same.  Overnight is 4 days or lost, second day is week or more, and ground seems the same as second day. To me anyway,  I am really fed up with now.

@shoekitty 

And its even more aggravating when you pay EXTRA for "premium service" yet delivery is more like what I could have expected from USPS and could've saved some money!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fed Ex used to be decent....until, they demolished a package sent from the UK. I spent almost $90.00 getting the item shipped 2 day air. It came. Completely smashed to smitherines, soaking wet. I was livid! I was told by the seller that I had to keep the box to start a claim. That would've been fine, but the box disintegrated in my hand because it was soaking wet. There was no more box. I took pictures. It wasn't enough. I would never use FedEx again ever.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mspatmac wrote:

From the posts I've read it looks like I am in the minority.  I don't have problems with FedEx.  I have their app on my phone and once I'm notified the package had been picked up I request text updates and follow the package each step of the way.  Packages are left at the front door as I requested when filling out my preferences.  I do the same with UPS.  USPS is the worst for me.

I don't envy the drivers, it's a tough job, they work hard and thanks to them I am able to get what I need at my door.  

@mspatmac 

Please tell me what's your secret with UPS? I requested front door delivery on my preferences with UPS Premium MY Choice....and even paid extra for "premium delivery" but my instructions weren't followed at all!! 

And then there's USPS that you mentioned being the worst....a friend that lives in NC mailed me an Easter Card on April 8th to my address in Texas.....I FINALY got it on May 18th!!!! 😄 The address and everything on the envelope was printed and easy to read and legible, the only thing I can think of for the delay is perhaps USPS is using Pony Express now...🤔