Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry @rms1954.

I hope he will be ok.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: FEDEX IS THE WORST.

[ Edited ]

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

All the shipping companies are short staffed.  They are struggling to return to normal, and trying to keep up with increased demand.

Yes, I, too, have had Fed Ex packages arrive very late, weeks after the  original date. Sometimes packages say "delivered," and then show up a day or two later.  Ground is always much, much slower than air.

Also, sometimes new delivery staff put packages in strange places,  or don't know all the addresses well enough on a street to bring it to the correct house.

I track my packages daily and try to watch out for the trucks if at all possible.

With USPS I have had packages lost/delayed for a few months!

Do I hate them?  No, that is too much emotion and energy to put out for a company, and I also know the whole world is still in recovery from the pandemic.

Yes, I would like everything promptly, but patience is a virtue, and I will survive waiting.

I've never had an issue with Fed Ex, UPS, or USPS.  They are all working very very hard.  I have lots of empathy for these people.  

When they pull up and I see them, I always try to go out and meet them at their truck to save them time from having them come to my porch.  They are ALWAYS thankful.  I can't imagine having to work with all those dirty packages in the heat of summer and cold winter.  I can still find it in me to appreciate them.

Frequent Contributor

All the shipping companies are short staffed.  They are struggling to return to normal, and trying to keep up with increased demand.

Yes, I, too, have had Fed Ex packages arrive very late, weeks after the  original date. Sometimes packages say "delivered," and then show up a day or two later.  Ground is always much, much slower than air.

Also, sometimes new delivery staff put packages in strange places,  or don't know all the addresses well enough on a street to bring it to the correct house.

I track my packages daily and try to watch out for the trucks if at all possible.

Do I hate them?  No, that is too much emotion and energy to put out for a company, and I also know the whole world is still in recovery from the pandemic.

Yes, I would like everything promptly, but patience is a virtue, and I will survive waiting.

---

Whenever I have a package that says it was shipped FedEx, I prepare myself for the "hunt." There is a good chance that it will be delivered to house on the next block, or somewhere else in the vicinity.

Usually, I am able to find it, particularly if I receive a package that belongs to someone else, delivered on the same day; it may mean that a "switch" has occurred. 

I have even had success finding my package by posting on the Nextdoor app, with some honest person responding that they have my package.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I'm so sorry @rms1954.

I hope he will be ok.

Awww, gee thanks.  I worry for him but he's doing good ... just wish he would slow down.

Esteemed Contributor

Whoa, whoa, whoa....slow it down there a min.  You people have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME, RIGHT?  I don't really "hate" Fedex.  OMG, some of you need to grow up.  That's my figure of speech for how angry I am at them right at this moment.  As soon as my situation is resolved, I won't be so angry at them.  You've never said you "hate something, someone" and know you never really mean it?  Give me a big break.

@FancyPhillyshopper 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Highlands22 wrote:

---

Whenever I have a package that says it was shipped FedEx, I prepare myself for the "hunt." There is a good chance that it will be delivered to house on the next block, or somewhere else in the vicinity.

Usually, I am able to find it, particularly if I receive a package that belongs to someone else, delivered on the same day; it may mean that a "switch" has occurred. 

I have even had success finding my package by posting on the Nextdoor app, with some honest person responding that they have my package.

Good on you.  I won't be doing that because I had to pay for my shipping.  Me?  Run around like a banjee looking for a package?  Heck no.  To each his own @Highlands22 .  I called them and give them the right to do their job.  That is to find my package.  SMH

Trusted Contributor

I have NEVER had a problem with FedEx. Packages are ALWAYS delivered ON TIME and at my front door.

Frequent Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Highlands22 wrote:

---

Good on you.  I won't be doing that because I had to pay for my shipping.  Me?  Run around like a banjee looking for a package?  Heck no.  To each his own @Highlands22 .  I called them and give them the right to do their job.  That is to find my package.  SMH

---

The most I am willing to do is to mark my purchases to NOT ship FedEx whenever possible. If it comes to the point that my packages cannot be easily found, I will refrain from purchasing from companies that use FedEx.

I have found that phoning them DOES NOT improve the situation. I wait on hold forever, voice my frustration, all to no positive result.

It is faster and less frustrating to visit my neighbors during my daily walk, and often have a nice conversation while retrieving my package.

So, yes, good on me.

Respected Contributor

As ThinkingOutLoud said, "Words Matter."

Own your writing, be clear about what your message imparts.

We do not need to "grow up (is that phrase supposed to annoy all of us adults?)."

In professional writing (anything that is public), my advice to my staff was always keep your writing lean, mean and clean, just like a legal document. 

[Translation:  Lean=necessary, Mean= most effective, Clean= no emotion or unneeded personal details]

As for this topic, my thoughts are with all those workers who are underpaid, overworked, and underappreciated.  We who shop are lucky to enjoy our pastime.

Esteemed Contributor

@layla2450 wrote:

I have NEVER had a problem with FedEx. Packages are ALWAYS delivered ON TIME and at my front door.

I want what you got @layla2450 .  I have had intermittent problems with them since forever (even when I was working).  Lately it has gotten worse.  Don't get me wrong all of these carriers have their moments, however, by far the worst of the bunch (to me is Fedex).  GOOD FOR YOU.