Esteemed Contributor

Re: FBI Has Just Announced Threats Against Synagogues in New Jersey

It is senseless. There is so much hate. All of us should be safe. Especially in a house of worship.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

PhilaLady1, we said "never again" and we praise the Greatest Generation who spilled blood and lost their innocence (and, in some cases, sanity) in their fight against fascism.  And yet, and yet, some of those who profess the deepest respect for the Greatest Generation and their sacrifices are the ones espousing fascist ideas now. 

How can they lose sight of what the Allies fought for in World War II?  It is a disgrace. 

[I am wondering if many of these "double-thinkers" do not know basic history.  It is a possibility and that is how they can think and say conflicting thoughts.  This does not excuse them, however.  What did they think the Allies were fighting for?]

Respected Contributor

I find it bizarre that the most important news regarding NJ is so very often first reported by Philadelphia news stations.  Unreal!

I hope that nothing bad happens, due to these threats. 

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

PhilaLady1, we said "never again" and we praise the Greatest Generation who spilled blood and lost their innocence (and, in some cases, sanity) in their fight against fascism.  And yet, and yet, some of those who profess the deepest respect for the Greatest Generation and their sacrifices are the ones espousing fascist ideas now. 

How can they lose sight of what the Allies fought for in World War II?  It is a disgrace. 

@golding76 @Well said.

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

@Jersey Born   NBC10 can be seen in almost half of New Jersey. I'm sure New York City stations are also announcing this.

Respected Contributor

So disturbing and despicable. Why can't people just live their own life and leave others alone to live theirs!? 

Honored Contributor

Yes, and the growing problem of antisemitism has festered on American college campuses for years, many feeling that college administrations have turned a blind eye to it, according to a June 11, 2022 article in the Jerusalem Post.

Hillel International and other groups have collaborated to try to quell the incidents on campus, as well as proactively prevent them.  Hillel reports that one in three Jews on campus have reported antisemitism directed personally at them.

Esteemed Contributor

It is reported by every NYC outlet:  NBC4, CBS2, ABC7, FOX5 and local WPIX11.

I am sure that it will make every major 6:30 network broadcast.

Respected Contributor

Every day, from a million bullhorns, we are told who to hate, who to not trust, who to blame, who to denigrate, who to ridicule, who to rage against...

Then, we examine our own lives, and say :

"Do I know anyone who fits the mold of who I'm supposed to hate, not trust, blame, denigrate, ridicule????"

Why NO I don't...!! For the most part, most if not all the people I know or meet do NOT fit any of those molds...I'm confused....WHO am I supposed to hate today, and WHAT was the outrage last week?!?!?!?"

Then once  AGAIN we're being told, from a million bullhorns who to hate, who not to trust, who to blame, who to denigrage, who to ridicule, and who to rage against....But...

"Do I know anyone who fits the mold of who I'm supposed to hate, not trust, blame, denigrate, ridicule????

Why NO I don't...!! For the most part, most if not all the people I know or meet do NOT fit any of those molds...I'm confused....WHO am I supposed to hate today, and WHAT was the outrage last week?!?!?!?"

Like a broken record, forever repeating the same tired track, once AGAIN we're being told, from a million bullhorns who to hate, who not to trust, who to blame, who to denigrage, who to ridicule, and who to rage against....But...

"Do I know anyone who fits the mold of who I'm supposed to hate, not trust, blame, denigrate, ridicule????

The overbearing, strident, cacaphony begins again, it's tired message thundering to all of us...:

"Hate SOMEONE!!.....BLAME someone.!!..HURT someone!!..It's all THIER fault!!

.Let your stoked burning outrage that someone TOLD you you have inside come forth...Go out an HATE now...."

Just make sure you make it to church on Sunday.