Re: FBI Has Just Announced Threats Against Synagogues in New Jersey

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Thank goodness, the threat is over.   The suspect is in custody,  

Was it a college kid? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

Like Robert Kraft, the owner of the New England Patriots, I "stand up to Jewish hate"

In fact, I stand up to hate of any kind.  It makes no difference who utters the condemning remarks; hate speech is hate speech.  It stirs up base instincts and causes only destruction.  No good comes of it.

Why do folks forget that if hatred for certain groups is allowed to flourish, it won't be long before everyone is thrown into the barrel of hate?  That is how it goes.  No matter how protected and part of the "in group" you might believe you are at this moment, your turn might -- and probably will -- come.

Tread carefully.

Yep - just like View Host Sunny Hostin referring to white conservative women as "cockroaches"  - wow sounds like Rwanda all over again.

Why is Sunny still there?  @Isobel Archer Shame on ABC and Disney. This is one of many hateful remarks she has made. She needs to go.

I stopped watching the view. I couldn’t take listening to her.

Esteemed Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

Like Robert Kraft, the owner of the New England Patriots, I "stand up to Jewish hate"

In fact, I stand up to hate of any kind.  It makes no difference who utters the condemning remarks; hate speech is hate speech.  It stirs up base instincts and causes only destruction.  No good comes of it.

Why do folks forget that if hatred for certain groups is allowed to flourish, it won't be long before everyone is thrown into the barrel of hate?  That is how it goes.  No matter how protected and part of the "in group" you might believe you are at this moment, your turn might -- and probably will -- come.

Tread carefully.

"Yep - just like View Host Sunny Hostin referring to white conservative women as "cockroaches"  - wow sounds like Rwanda all over again"

@Isobel Archer 

Sunny Hostin is an attorney who should stick to talking in a courtroom. Wonder how her cases would go if she always referred to suburban white women using that same terminology. Use a different demographic and imagine what would go down!

I DVR that show just to watch the first 2 segments. Some of the things I hear makes me wonder where they get their factual information(?) before they comment on it.

One thing I can say, nothing some of them say, will ever surprise me. Some of their comments are so out there, at times to me, it resembles a comedy show. 

Can't deny success because it has been on the air, now into it's 26th season. I see only 2 of the ladies that have been on there most of those years. Best of the bunch during that show's tenure? Barbara Walters.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

I really hope posters don't get their info from The View. It's opinions. I think Barbara Walters was the last real journalist on that program. I liked her a lot and hope she's comfortable in her waning years.

Esteemed Contributor

In my view Sunny Hostin is a threat and a danger.....to civil discourse and decorum.

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

Just reading some of these posts and the direct and indirect attempts at diversion off the topic or outright denial or justification simply remind me of what was happepning in 1930's Germany.

Me too

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
QVC Customer Care