Honored Contributor

Re: FBI Has Just Announced Threats Against Synagogues in New Jersey

Interesting you mention the incident of Sunny Hostin comparing some women to cockroaches, @Isobel Archer .   I don't watch "The View",  but her abhorrent comments have been all over the news, and I couldn't believe she had uttered them.  I will be interested to see if ABC requires her to issue an apology.

It immediately reminded me how, in the past, use of "parasite" terminology and worse, has been used to demonize Jews and others.   I didn't realize until you mentioned it and I looked it up, that it figured in the horrors of Rwanda as well.

Attempts to dehumanize in that way are classic "first-step" tactics, and sometimes lead to worse things.  They need to be thoroughly repudiated, no matter where they originate.

Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

Threats are credible but general and non-specific. That's all that was said so far. Hope all remains calm.

@PickyPicky3 

Wonder if this means the FBI is easing up surveillance of the parents at school board meetings! That was deemed credible a couple months ago. I watched a "hearing" where an FBI 7th Floor Exec. confirmed their surveillance of these meetings.

hckynut  🇺🇸

I remember when I was a freshman in college in 1965 someone invited me to a political lecture. I went just to do something that night. On the way out someone took my picture. My friend said congratulations, you now have an official FBI file. What's funny is I have no memory whatsoever of the topic of the lecture. Just that I got an FBI file.

Valued Contributor

Pitiful. Anti Semites among us, masquerading as good xtians, trying very hard to deflect. Conservative women are not targets. Some obscure idiot on tv makes a comment about them and suddenly it's on par with centuries of hatred and persecution of Jews. Get a grip.

These people are so transparent in their obfuscation.

Super Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

Every day, from a million bullhorns, we are told who to hate, who to not trust, who to blame, who to denigrate, who to ridicule, who to rage against...

Then, we examine our own lives, and say :

"Do I know anyone who fits the mold of who I'm supposed to hate, not trust, blame, denigrate, ridicule????"

Why NO I don't...!! For the most part, most if not all the people I know or meet do NOT fit any of those molds...I'm confused....WHO am I supposed to hate today, and WHAT was the outrage last week?!?!?!?"

Then once  AGAIN we're being told, from a million bullhorns who to hate, who not to trust, who to blame, who to denigrage, who to ridicule, and who to rage against....But...

"Do I know anyone who fits the mold of who I'm supposed to hate, not trust, blame, denigrate, ridicule????

Why NO I don't...!! For the most part, most if not all the people I know or meet do NOT fit any of those molds...I'm confused....WHO am I supposed to hate today, and WHAT was the outrage last week?!?!?!?"

Like a broken record, forever repeating the same tired track, once AGAIN we're being told, from a million bullhorns who to hate, who not to trust, who to blame, who to denigrage, who to ridicule, and who to rage against....But...

"Do I know anyone who fits the mold of who I'm supposed to hate, not trust, blame, denigrate, ridicule????

The overbearing, strident, cacaphony begins again, it's tired message thundering to all of us...:

"Hate SOMEONE!!.....BLAME someone.!!..HURT someone!!..It's all THIER fault!!

.Let your stoked burning outrage that someone TOLD you you have inside come forth...Go out an HATE now...."

Just make sure you make it to church on Sunday.

Goodness.  Chill.

Valued Contributor

@Jaspertimes wrote:

@Othereeeen wrote:

Every day, from a million bullhorns, we are told who to hate, who to not trust, who to blame, who to denigrate, who to ridicule, who to rage against...

"Do I know anyone who fits the mold of who I'm supposed to hate, not trust, blame, denigrate, ridicule????"

Then once  AGAIN we're being told, from a million bullhorns who to hate, who not to trust, who to blame, who to denigrage, who to ridicule, and who to rage against....But...

Like a broken record, forever repeating the same tired track, once AGAIN we're being told, from a million bullhorns who to hate, who not to trust, who to blame, who to denigrage, who to ridicule, and who to rage against....But...

The overbearing, strident, cacaphony begins again, it's tired message thundering to all of us...:

.Let your stoked burning outrage that someone TOLD you you have inside come forth...Go out an HATE now...."

Goodness.  Chill.

She's right though. Haters have been created by endless propaganda. They think asking forgiveness on Sunday makes it ok to spend the week hating again. Rinse and repeat. It's why I think organized religion is bs. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell 

Agree. When you teach children to hate others  because of the color of their skin or ethnicity or what they have or for what they have accomplished  then that gives rise to this overt hatred . Now adays children are taught by teachers, parents, news programs,  politicians . ect to hate the differences in others.  The overall  message  is that  no one should practice tollerance or respect   . The hate is  against  blacks, whites, Hispanics, Asians  and various religious groups , all the while those that hate  riot , burn, kill, mane and demonize others .

All people need to learn that all Humans have things in common such as feelings, hardships and the right to be respected for their individuality .

Valued Contributor

@skatting44  do you know any children in school? Any teachers who are employed in a school? Students are not taught to hate anyone. In fact tolerance is taught to the point of excess, if one can be excessively tolerant. I have grandchildren in school and what you have posted couldn't be further from the truth.

Respected Contributor

Yes, It's really scary the tone of media and "leaders" today.  If you don't agree with their position, you are a fascist, racist, bigot, - even a cockroach.

And when crimes are committed, rather than deal with the perpetrator - for the crime committed - we first have to determine whether s/he is on "our side" and/or attacked one of our "enemies" BEFORE we can take a position on whether s/he should even be punished for the crime.

We're on a very rocky road.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stelladorable wrote:

@Jaspertimes wrote:

@Othereeeen wrote:

Goodness.  Chill.

She's right though. Haters have been created by endless propaganda. They think asking forgiveness on Sunday makes it ok to spend the week hating again. Rinse and repeat. It's why I think organized religion is bs. 

I take issue with you throwing all organized religion in the same boat. They vary widely. Being so extreme says quite a bit about you and once again, you put your credibility in serious question.

Esteemed Contributor

Most local NYC outlets report that a suspect in the threats has been identified and is being questioned.