Honored Contributor

Re: FBI Has Just Announced Threats Against Synagogues in New Jersey

@gertrudecloset    We'll have to agree to disagree.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@BlueFinch wrote:

@Nancy Drew  It's not too hard to understand. Kanye is mentally ill, with altered thought processes. He's lost billions of dollars because of his illogical, impulsive, bipolar rants. No sane person would do such a thing?

His tribe of followers (and die hard fans) aren't helping. His life is spiraling out of control. But, as mentally ill is as he clearly is, his words matter and can incite haters looking for anyone to validate their beliefs.

Seems too many people today are looking for someone to follow. That makes for dangrous times. 

@BlueFinch No he's not mentally ill.....he said that was a misdiagnosis.  Besides, since when does the mentally ill = vile hatred?  They don't go together.  That's an excuse to make his reprehensible behavior more palatable.

Meanwhile, there are reports of him settling lawsuits from years and years ago where he did the same thing.  Today's news if you care to look.  He's been doing this under the cover and none of us have been the wiser.  That's not mental illness.  That's hatred that is misplaced and ill informed.

@gertrudecloset Kanye said he was misdiagnosed? Are you serious? That's a common denial from biopolar patients. They are the hardest to direct toward medication compliance.

I didn't say mentallyi ill = vile hatred. I said he had altered thought processes. His pressured, rambling thoughts are likely leading him to say inappropriate things, with no boudaries. And, no, it's not an excuse, but does explain some of his behaviors. 

Would he be a hateful person without bipolar? Yes, that's very possible. But, it seems he's had bipolar disorder for many years, so it's no surprise he's done the same things in the past when out of control. 

If you think he's not mentally ill, you're entitled to your opinion. I have mine. It's almost textbook. We have to disagree. 

It doesn’t matter what he was years ago. Bi-polar can onset during the mid-twenties, or even later.  

Plus, @BlueFinch we do not know what other co-morbidities he is diagnosed with. He initially confirmed bi-polar, so I would say that is a given by his behaviors.

Esteemed Contributor

Conspiracy theorist does not = mentally ill.  It's a scape goat.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@gertrudecloset    We'll have to agree to disagree.

Yep.  I know him better than any of you would ever know him.  You got a glimpse.  I won't be changing my mind about him anyways @Kachina624 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

I deal with a 66 year old bi polar and psychotic brother. Luckily he is in home where he gets and takes his meds. If he was out in the world he would not take them. He has gotten into fights with police and destroyers things. , he is uncontrollable because he believes his delusions. The highs from bipolar are so great. They run for days, weeks. On top of the world. My brother  has these fixed ideas and no talkin 'em out of it. You deal. Kanye is creative. The meds do control your delusions and racing thoughts but they can be dulling, dim the mind and are not without their  side effects. However today there are new drugs. They take a while to kick in and even you out but many don't stick with it. My brother has had this disease since he was 16. I can see Kanye's suffering....but there is help.  I think too many people give him an ear and it just stokes his grandeur and delusions. He needs more positive  support from fans not cheering him on. But oh well it's the world we live in. 

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset    One of these days he's going to go over the edge, big time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

PhilaLady1, we said "never again" and we praise the Greatest Generation who spilled blood and lost their innocence (and, in some cases, sanity) in their fight against fascism.  And yet, and yet, some of those who profess the deepest respect for the Greatest Generation and their sacrifices are the ones espousing fascist ideas now. 

How can they lose sight of what the Allies fought for in World War II?  It is a disgrace. 

[I am wondering if many of these "double-thinkers" do not know basic history.  It is a possibility and that is how they can think and say conflicting thoughts.  This does not excuse them, however.  What did they think the Allies were fighting for?]

Amen!

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager,  that's good to know that the NYPD Counterterrorism Bureau has been brought in as well.  I believe they have a high level of competence in this, born of much experience with these kinds of threats.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PickyPicky3   My children attended pre-school at our local Synagogue (2 thru kindergarten). The days following 911 saw threats made to Synagogues on a national level at first and then specific locations in the US would receive the calls of bomb threats/violence. This happened through-out the years we attended (and before and after and still does as is obvious). As parents, we were given the choice to not bring our children in if but rarely did that happen; the Jewish community chose to not allow the threats to interfere and so, the daily routine was followed with one major difference......

Armed swat teams and K-9 teams in and around the Synagogues (foyer but not IN the Temple) and around the school. The children would talk to the police, pet the dogs, and play the way children do because that's what needed to be done. Nothing ever happened either.  When you ask my children about those years, they remember the "Big Men" and state that they never felt fear but instead just saw it as "the good guys taking care of us" or "we thought they were visiting for show and tell" (because they would come into the classrooms due to all the windows). Of course they realized as they become older the severity of the situation but then, they just played with their friends and did the things they always did in preschool.  I honestly don't know if I would do that today, being honest....

So much hatred, desperation and sadness in the world.  Smiley Sad

"Coming to ya from Florida"