Honored Contributor

@patbz - are they in your newsfeed as a sponsored ad or suggested ad or are they off to the right side?

If they are in your newsfeed there is something called SocialFixer dot com you can put on your browser and on FB. 

It's free and it's been such a pleasure to be able to block all that suggested krap and posts that you don't want to see by creating a list of words you want blocked.

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter :  Thank you for the suggestion but when I tried to download it wouldn't let me (as my tablet is evidently a "mobile browser" ).

Honored Contributor

@patbz 

i have been online shopping lately using Chrome's "incognito tabs." Doing this should help.

However, DH and I discuss the fact that he gets ads on FB and I do not!
Shhhh! Don't tell because I sure don't want them!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@patbz 

i have been online shopping lately using Chrome's "incognito tabs." Doing this should help.

However, DH and I discuss the fact that he gets ads on FB and I do not!
Shhhh! Don't tell because I sure don't want them!

@LTT1  you would think that it helped but it does not get rid of those ads when you sign in. I shop and browse the internet all the time using the "incognito tabs" and still see ads for items I just looked at when signed into facebook or Gmail. 

Honored Contributor

I've seen more ads on Facebook recently than I can ever recall. I hide them all, but more appear the next day.  They're mostly from obscure "vendors" that I would never chance dealing with anyway!

Honored Contributor

@GAQShopr53 

i have only just begun to start browsing using incognito tabs, so that guess was apparently no good judging by the fact that you still got ads.

Something I did, and I don't know if it makes any difference, I joined the FaceBook management group.

Just a minute I will get the exact name.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: FB ads today:STOP!

[ Edited ]

@patbz wrote:

I opened Facebook today and had to scroll thru many pages of Wal-Mart ads.  I tried to turn off by unfollowing but FB won't let me do that.  I hope they don't do this often during the holidays!

@patbz 

Click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and then click REPORT, and then click again on SPAM and when you do it will take you to a box where you can block the sponsor of the ad, and it sends a report to Facebook that you dont like the ad.....  Its helped me when they've bombard me  with their ads....And reporting it makes someone have to look at your complaint too and waste THEIR TIME...you'll get a message ...."weve reviewed your complaint about...."  FACEBOOK USER REVENGE...LOL!!! 

I wouldnt even have Facebook but its required for work, they use Facebook Live for meetings for us that work from home, and also required by the non-profit I volunteer for....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@patbz 

I forgot to mention to report it click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner (corrected my prior post)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”