Honored Contributor

FAVORITE CREDIT CARD REWARDS?

Just taking a quick survey as to which credit card rewards programs you favor .....  Gas, Miles, or Cash Back?   

How much does it give you when you make a purchase?

Honored Contributor

Re: FAVORITE CREDIT CARD REWARDS?

[ Edited ]

I have Discover, American Express and BP Visa. 

My favorite is Discover. I take the cash back in gift cards because they always add extra $$ to the gift cards. (For example, I get a $50 Talbots gift card for only $40 worth of points). Each quarter they also offer 5% back on certain categories. This quarter it's big box stores.  Next quarter it's restaurants. I believe 4th quarter it's going to be Amazon and department stores (at least that's what it was 4th quarter last year). 

They also offer Discover deals. List of merchants with varying levels of cash back. You click on the merchant through your Discover account home page and it takes you to that merchant's page and you place your order. For example, QVC is 5% back. There are tons of others. 

I know many people love the credit card programs with sky miles. My husband and I don't travel much so we're not interested in those. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Always cash back. I only get 1%, dh wont let me get new credit card, he's fearful of security breach. There is a fidelity cc (if you have account) with 5% back to account.

Respected Contributor

Good to know. I have a Discover card, had no idea.

Although I find gift cards encourage me to spend unnecessary $,

Honored Contributor

Ours are cash back.  I let it accumulate and put it towards the bill.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh I agree with you.I have several cc but only use my Discover.I get hundreds of $ a year with their gift card program.I rarely pay full price when we go out to dinner.We go to Outback & Red Lobster often with their cards.In addition if you have an AARP membership you can get an additional 15% off your check At Outback!!

Honored Contributor

I use my discover card a lot and get a lot of dollars  back.  I like that on Amazon I can use my rewards towards what I purchase as they accumulate. 

Honored Contributor

Anyone favor a Miles card?  

Respected Contributor

American Express for us........love those reward dollars.

Frequent Contributor

We have the Chase unlimited rewards for cash back. Love to travel so extra $$

are always welcomed. lol.