Esteemed Contributor

Re: ** F E E L I N G S * * K I N D N E S S **

@Mersha wrote:

@hckynutjohn  Carolyn and Dan were QVC show hosts who were fired/laid off several weeks ago.

Many posters were very upset and numerous threads have been or are still around about how awful it is they are no longer on QVC...lots of angst.

@Mersha 

Thank you. Only Dan I remember was the one that did the Nascar Racing Shows. Think it was Hugh's.  That was years ago however.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn 

Thank you. Many of my posts disappear, but are not usually addressing a member. Sorry you had to type it twice.

I just replied to @Mersha  saying the only Dan I knew was from ages ago when they had a Nascar Racing Show. Hugh's is what I thought. 

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@MakeUpMaidn 

Thank you. Many of my posts disappear, but are not usually addressing a member. Sorry you had to type it twice.

I just replied to @Mersha  saying the only Dan I knew was from ages ago when they had a Nascar Racing Show. Hugh's is what I thought. 

hckynut 🇺🇸

~~~~~~

@hckynutjohn 

Is okay.  I usually copy (Ctrl,C) my finished text before clicking "Post"  here, on Forum.  Otherwise, I often lose my complete text.  "Burp of the system," I guess.

@hckynutjohn     I always enjoy reading what you share!  You have a knowledge, experiences, & a kindness that goes deep, & thru & thru.  It's my pleasure.   Woman Happy 

Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@MakeUpMaidn, such a nice post. If only the anger and hate could be replaced with kindness, caring, and thoughtfulness towards others. 

When I watch various news channels I am shocked at all of the false and one-sided reporting. Some shows scream and yell and these people are terribly lacking in knowledge of the topic. 

@RetRN Didn't you just heart someone for telling me to take a time-out for defending a bashed poster on another thread?  I hope it's just a misunderstanding on someone's part.Screen Shot 2023-04-01 at 10.03.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-04-01 at 10.03.43 PM.png

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

I agree.

Sadly, it'll never happen. Our country has become one of hate and vengeance. 

On the flip side, people need to stop reading more into a post than is there. Take it as written and let the rest go. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi   @CalminHeart 

Thanks for responding  Woman Happy

imho,

Nobody can make me

- feel, or act "hateful" or "vengeful," but me!

No person, institution, society, news, entertainment, etc, can make me feel, or act in any particular way, without my expressed permission. 

And, I wont give them that power!

If attempts are made to manipulate, or seize that power over me, I'll remove myself

'Cause in the final analysis, it's my power alone, over my own feelings, & my own actions.

Not their's!   Woman Wink     Woman Happy

In an ideal world, that would be true for everyone.

Things really change when someone has been held at gunpoint because of propaganda, lies, and warped political views.

The world, our country, changed so much in the last 7 years. I no longer trust people like I used to. I have little confidence that others will do the right thing. I stay on high alert in public.

While I have given up my rose colored glasses and overcome a lot, I am happy, content, and mostly positive.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo, wow, glad I am not you. You must have a lot of free time to troll and stalk others. 

The OP posted an awesome post that I chose to respond to. Clearly, it went right over your head. Deflecting must be your thing. Sad.

And  yes, I will continue to heart posts as I see fit. You do know that we are allowed to do that? What you posted should not even be allowed. Have fun.

I am so very thankful for the many wonderful people here who share insightful, fun, and knowledgeable posts that help others and brighten their days.

Honored Contributor

Yes, more and more kindness is lacking in the world today for sure and it is getting worse by the minute. I read the following once :

"When you hold people up for ridicule, you have to take responsibility when other people act upon it".  

Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@Linmo, wow, glad I am not you. You must have a lot of free time to troll and stalk others. 

The OP posted an awesome post that I chose to respond to. Clearly, it went right over your head. Deflecting must be your thing. Sad.

And  yes, I will continue to heart posts as I see fit. You do know that we are allowed to do that? What you posted should not even be allowed. Have fun.

I am so very thankful for the many wonderful people here who share insightful, fun, and knowledgeable posts that help others and brighten their days.

So much for kindness.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@moonandthestars She was just indicating to me she could not provide an objective opinion, so she refrained. A lot goes into our evaluations of others and I appreciated she could not tease the two apart.

Respected Contributor

@Anne2022  I understand you were just recalling the story - it just struck me in way that bothered me.  I'm sure she was a very nice person, but it seems like a very surface way of thinking, being.  self limiting.    No ability (or interest) to look at something objectively? If you like someone or don't is very separate from if they are good at their job -  totally different things.   What if she really liked him?  Does that mean she would automatically say he was great at his job?