Honored Contributor

Re: ** F E E L I N G S * * K I N D N E S S **

Good sentiments, @MakeUpMaidn .  If I understand you correctly, you are simply hoping that people will express themselves with considerateness, either on the specific Dan/Carolyn topic, or on any other topic.

As has been observed many a time, we can disagree quite strongly about any number of things, but don't have to express ourselves in a disagreeable way.  There are a number of ways to do that, just by observing basic good manners.   I like your request!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anne2022   Others

I dont want to change anybody.  

I'm incapable.

Ppl will think what they think.      

Ppl will feel what they feel.

I'm just hoping a person can communicate with, & receive "self kindness," & "treat others with kindness."

Notice, I keep including "self kindness." 

We're very capable of breeding true "self kindness" in ourselves, the result of which is that,  "kindness will run thru our veins!"  Woman Happy

Successful "Self kindness," makes kindness to others, so much easier & authentic. 

And makes unwarranted unkindness to us sometimes quite shocking, like, surprise shocking!

I just try to move on past them & their unkind "history & comments."

Or if directed at me, often my shock expresses itself as "excuse me?"  or "huh?"

If unkind ppl care, they'll get the help they need.

And, when unkind ppl lash out, I try to adjust myself & remember,

-> "hurt ppl often try to hurt ppl."  <--

Other than "self kindness," & efforts of kindness to others, I try to remember:

"How unkind ppl act, tells us abt them.

How we treat others, or react to unkind ppl, tells ppl abt us." 

pic--A-HUG-EMOJI-CAN-NEVER-REPLACE-THE-REAL-THING.jpg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell 

Perfectly Stated! 

You read my mind, & expressed this much more articulately than I could.  Thank you!!

*nods*  Woman Very Happy

pic2--Smiley--Pretty-ThumbsUp.gif

Contributor

Regardless of what anyone else may say or do, we all bear responsibility for our own responses and actions.  There can never be enough kindness in the world, so I appreciate your post and it's lovely sentiment about showing kindness.  God Bless You!

Respected Contributor

@MadeInUSA2 wrote:

Regardless of what anyone else may say or do, we all bear responsibility for our own responses and actions.  There can never be enough kindness in the world, so I appreciate your post and it's lovely sentiment about showing kindness.  God Bless You!

~~~~~~~~~

Thank you!  @MadeInUSA2 

GIF--Multi-Colored--THANK-YOU.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

@MakeUpMaidn 

I like your post.  I promised myself to be kinder here.  Yesterday I failed by chiming in on a thread about a host.  My comment was not too terrible, but I should have not commented at all.  Sometimes I need to sit on my fingers to not type. Not actually sit on my fingers, I don't mean literally.  Anyway, I plan to keep trying to be nicer and get back on the kindness wagon, like the old song Love Train.

@PhilaLady1   I like diverse opinions on all sorts of subjects as long as the focus remains on the topic Not the poster.  All opinions are valid and making rude remarks have no place in a discussion.  I have written many responses and then deleted them. Figured what good would it do with certain posters.  

I also don't participate anymore in negative posts about hosts, and yes many I don't care for but it's my personal opinion best kept to myself.  Of what value is tearing down others, dosn't add anything positive to my life.  

So many wonderful kind posters on these boards that express their views strongly that never attack anyone.  TY @MakeUpMaidn for giving us something to as[ire to.

Respected Contributor

@PhilaLady1   I loved that song.

Respected Contributor

@mspatmac 

Thanks to you also! 

GIF--Varied-Changing-Colors-Cursive--THANK-YOU.gif

Respected Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn    I don't know if you have children or have noticed the changes in TV programming that kids have been exposed to over the years.

My children grew up in the days of Mr. Rogers and Sesame St.

Mr. Rogers was calm and taught kids about kindness and respect . I think that

most parents back then taught kids to be kind. I always taught my

five children to treat people as they wish to be treated. Back then

most mothers were home with children.

Fast forward to more recent years. Most mothers need to work and many young children are in daycare. What they have been exposed to for over 20 years, is so much violence and disrespectfulness on cable TV.

Even Disney shows and sitcoms have kids being rude, disrespectful and not good role models for young impressionable children. The characters on TV are supposed to be funny. Kids think that is the way to act.

My youngest daughter is an elementary school teacher and has taught children from Pre K to third grade. She has had a few difficult students that have come from difficult home situations. She teaches them calmly and praises them for their efforts. She has a lot of patience and a sense of humor that the kids love. She tries to make learning fun.

By the end of the year, those formerly difficult students have made progress and

love her. So many of them tell her that they want to have her for a teacher again, the next year. She loves teaching and loves the little kids.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Enufstuff 

Thank you for responding.  Woman Happy

Yr post reminds me of a time, 3 yrs ago, whereby my neighbor asked me to sit with her children for a bit. 

While sitting there, the 2 young girls were intently watching a "very young girl children show."   I could not believe the times I heard those young gals on the TV show, refer to one another, friendly, as "81tche5."   I thought I was imagining things!

The show was on a children's channel!   Expressly for young girls!  My mouth totally dropped open! 

When the mother came home, I happened to mention to her abt this program's language to her, thinking, she probably didnt realize that show talked like that.   Indeed, she said she had no idea!

And, I was never invited back to sit again. 

I thought I'd might have been acting as her eyes & ears, as busy with her 4 children, home schooled, as she/they were. Who'd expect a TV program like that?

I dont see anyway of surviving our current society, for us now, or for generations thereafter,  than unless *EACH ONE* of us change it.  Not the masses, but by *each & every individual, single person.*

The "masses" continue to disappoint me. 

I'm worn out, & I've had enough wishing for "the masses" changing it...

I suspect that many of us are so "numbed out" from feeling our feelings, fr being in touch with our feelings, using which ever way we numbed out our feelings..

And there's plenty of ways to do any particular numbing currently.    Choices are all over the place!  Maybe oftentimes without our conscience knowledge!  

And seems to me, the way each individual is expressing oneself, as with kindness, is an exemplary barometer of the way to measure this.  Altho, I could be wrong.

Ref: Your daughter the Teacher. 

Thank goodness for, & blessedness for our teachers! 

But now, we're losing a lot of our teachers, too many in fact. We've shorted teachers, as if eons of underpaying them didnt discourage them enuf, then pacifying ourselves with, "but they get summers off."  Really??. 

And those few remaining teachers, are already put under so much incredible, unnecessarily stress IMHO,   Why?  Cause they're devoted to their beloved, heartfelt craft, teaching children??  So, who else?

They seem to be our "last best hope!" esp now, mostly, with both parents working!

Classroom sizes became outrageously too big some time ago.

City, State, Gov't money seems to have continually eluded our schools, not to mention the heartbreaking news that continues to the "supreme shock" of some of us, that are truly in touch with our feelings.

To yr daughter, the teacher:

Some time ago, I was attending my adult Sunday School filled with quite a few teachers.  They said something that stuck with me, forever.

"They might not remember what I taught them. 

But they'll remember how i treated them."

WE can adopt that too, in our "kindness" to one another while listening to others, honoring others, who merely, with hopefully their own kindness,  express their points of view, & express their feelings.

God bless your Daughter, the Teacher!  & to yrself, her Mom!    Heart