Highlighted
Respected Contributor

** F E E L I N G S * * K I N D N E S S **

**  F E E L I N G S * * K I N D N E S S **

I know, I know, there's already numerous threads on missing Carolyn & Dan. That's so obvious to most anyone.

But if we "feel" we've read enough of them, pls, we have the power to kindly express our own kind feelings abt it, in any perceived kind ways. 

Words are often perceived, rec'd, (or given) as weapons, even inadvertently.  And even accidentally weaponized words can "stick with a person," for a long time. 

And even be expressed in some future way that we totally didnt expect,  & harmfully so.

IMHO, each in our Society has had enough such trauma already!

Pls, Pls, honor, with kindness another person "expressing their *feelings* while also expressing our own *feelings* with kindness.

It's the *WE*   the *ME*   who have the very power to make our Society a better place. 

If not by each of us, than who?

I'll try...

Respected Contributor

Re: ** F E E L I N G S * * K I N D N E S S **

@MakeUpMaidn 

I like your post.  I promised myself to be kinder here.  Yesterday I failed by chiming in on a thread about a host.  My comment was not too terrible, but I should have not commented at all.  Sometimes I need to sit on my fingers to not type. Not actually sit on my fingers, I don't mean literally.  Anyway, I plan to keep trying to be nicer and get back on the kindness wagon, like the old song Love Train.

Honored Contributor

Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give. Here are some of my favorite kindness books for kids. Through these books, we can show students how to see the good in others, how to be there for other people, how to help others feel included, how to be kind even when it is hard, and how spreading kindness can come back around. Motivational Quotes For Kids, Inspirational Quotes For Students, Work Quotes, Daily Quotes, Great Quotes, Wisdom Quotes, Quotes To Live By, Time Quotes, Be Kind Quotes

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PhilaLady1      @meallen616 

Thanks to you both!  Woman Happy

GIF--Blinking-Colored--THANK-YOU.gif

Respected Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn 

Agree.....I will try too.....I admit I do get OVER- annoyed with the still numerous "poor C+D" posts....they seem silly...

Your post made me think of a song..."Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson ..could be a song for today!!!

"I'm starting with the man in the mirror..

I'm asking him to change his ways ...

No message could've been any clearer:

If you wanna make the world a better place

Take a look at yourself and then make the change!"

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Othereeeen   Woman Happy

Thank you!!  Woman Happy

GIF--Michael-Jackson-Throwing-Kiss.gif

Honored Contributor

Feelings are ethereal ... they can change from day to day. 

We can feel one way today and then feel totally differently about it tomorrow.

Regardless of topic, I don't want to know only what someone FEELS .... I also want to know what they THINK about that situation. 

I've always felt that if you tell me what you think about something, it's easier to understand how you feel about it. 

JMO, of course.  

Honored Contributor

It's a lovely aspiration.  But in my experience here, there have always been those who choose to post their opinions.  And those who choose to post their dissent to those opinions  It's the nature of this forum.

Respected Contributor

Well, I was hoping to open up & share that of course, the giver *&* receiver can be mindful of what they *think,* or *agree,* or "disagree,* about a topic.

We can do anything we did before. 

Just with "self kindness," & with "other kindness."  Both

I honestly, dont think the World can be made better place, without *US* making it better.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I was younger I worked with a woman named Marie. Soft spoken, always put together nicely, reliable and (I thought) fair. I was tasked with finding out opinions on a coworkers

performance, it wasn't mandatory everyone contribute. When I came to Marie she simply stated she didn't like him personally and didn't feel she could be fair in sharing her opinion on his work ethic/performance.

That always stuck with me in terms of teasing out how I feel about someone just in terms of my personal feelings or "like", which a lot is factored and things more objective.

Last time I checked Harvard has their implicit bias tests still up. Covering all sorts of things, race, age, gender. Worth a browse.