Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

OMG---yesterday had a conversation with a PA at the dr office----and she had on the most gawd awful set of lashes I have ever seen!! Looked like they were zig zag cut and all I could see were this jet black pair of ......fuzzy caterpillars--I have no Idea what she was talking to me about as I  was so distracted---------had to ask the front desk girl. Have not seen any lash extensions on someone that didn't  look like-----lash extensions!!!! Not sure what their purpose is......

@wagirl, those may very well have been fake lashes she bought from a store and glued on herself.  There are tons of options available in stores.  I've worn some of them myself for special occasions but never anything crazy looking.

You may not always get the best look the first time you have extensions professionally applied.  There are different "curls" to them, different lengths, different fullness, etc.  

I was on YouTube watching videos of various types of lashes and it seems it's trial and error with what works for your eyes.  One of the women initially thought she wanted a cat eye look where they were shorter on the innter corners then got longer as they went out to the ends.  But once applied, they were too heavy looking for her eye shape and she didn't care for them.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Eyelash extensions?

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva---no those things were extentions--you could see the that they were stitched  in the eyelashes and not on top of the lashline.. My BFF gets them but she says hers are as close to normal as she can get--don't know what that means; she is in AZ so can't look at hers. I need to watch how these are done and what they are supposed to look like but hers were awful!!!!!----

Honored Contributor

@wagirl, Yikes.  I didn't know places stitched eyelashes.  Everywhere I inquired about extensions, they are glued on each individual lash. 

Trusted Contributor

I went to the store and tried some.  The glue used bothered my eyes.  It smelled like contact cement.

Hung

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

OMG---yesterday had a conversation with a PA at the dr office----and she had on the most gawd awful set of lashes I have ever seen!! Looked like they were zig zag cut and all I could see were this jet black pair of ......fuzzy caterpillars--I have no Idea what she was talking to me about as I  was so distracted---------had to ask the front desk girl. Have not seen any lash extensions on someone that didn't  look like-----lash extensions!!!! Not sure what their purpose is......

@wagirl- mine look very natural and no one ever asked if I had extensions, but wanted to know what mascara I used.  I told them, none.   I had very light eyelashes and as I aged lost a lot...I hate all that cakey mascara & never liked wearing it.  The purpose is to define your eye, look natural & for me, use less makeup and NO mascara 

Esteemed Contributor

It is glue and no stitches, they weave the lash around your natural rash.  It's painless and no needles 

Honored Contributor

@Stray---that's what it looked like---only the weaving part was so visable like using twine instead of thread----and was very black too. Nothing was natural looking and she wore no mascara either-----

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl- mine are very natural.  I pick color and style.  We have a very high Korean population in my area and most salons are Korean owned and very proficient.  No one knows I have extensions.  I guess it depends on the salon/technician