Esteemed Contributor

Re: Extra hour of sleep is lost on me

@gidgetgh

@gidgetgh wrote:

I don't sleep very well.  

So this morning, because of the time change, I woke up at 4:00 instead of 5:00!  LOL.

I wish I could be one of those people who could "sleep in".  I used to be but, with age, that went away.

So, after lying in bed and playing Words with Friends on my phone and watching a little QVC with no sound because my husband is still sleeping,  here I am in our office, wide awake, up and ready for the day at 6:06 AM while the rest of the world sleeps.

Same problem.  I am active and busy during day, so not sitting all day.  Still can't get more than four or five hours.

Esteemed Contributor

I like getting dark earlier because I am not working in yard until 7 or 8, but I can't drive in the dark, so pros and cons.

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree

@LilacTree wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Nothing changed for me ,but the clock. I got the same amount of sleep I always get, even though the clock said  different

I dislike the time changes. I never get used to them, and  to me they're  pointless

@cherry

I agree.  I think we should go to Daylight Savings Time and just leave it there.  I appreciate the extra daylight at night more than early in the morning.  Never been a morning person and it will start being dark in the morning again in December anyway.

When Bush changed it by just a week or two, he messed me up with my clock.  I bought it years ago and it automatically changed the time, which was great.  After he changed the date, I had to reset it, and then re-reset it again (like this morning, after having had to reset it just a week or so ago).  Guess I should buy a new clock, but this one works fine otherwise! 

I leave mine back for a week and just look at the other clocks or  TV or computer or phone for correct time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just have to get my little dog a watch, and teach her how to tell time.  Time change has no effect on me.  It's only an hour, the most is when I have to tend to is changing all the clock around.  

A year goes by so fast for me now, one hour is a yawn. LOL so to speak.

If they kept it at one or the other, this winter set of hours are not my choice.  I like the summer set better.  

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@LilacTree

@LilacTree wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Nothing changed for me ,but the clock. I got the same amount of sleep I always get, even though the clock said  different

I dislike the time changes. I never get used to them, and  to me they're  pointless

@cherry

I agree.  I think we should go to Daylight Savings Time and just leave it there.  I appreciate the extra daylight at night more than early in the morning.  Never been a morning person and it will start being dark in the morning again in December anyway.

When Bush changed it by just a week or two, he messed me up with my clock.  I bought it years ago and it automatically changed the time, which was great.  After he changed the date, I had to reset it, and then re-reset it again (like this morning, after having had to reset it just a week or so ago).  Guess I should buy a new clock, but this one works fine otherwise! 

I leave mine back for a week and just look at the other clocks or  TV or computer or phone for correct time.

@qvcaddition

I have done that also.  I guess many are affected by this annoyance!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Just leave it here at Standard Time.  I so love it getting dark early and makes me want to get home and snuggle with good book as soon as possible after long work days.  Loved Sat. night with a big piece of Cheesecake from Luby's to celebrate the time change and dream of all the holiday seasons with family and friends ahead. 

August will be here again soon enough as it is.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

sometimes I just have to take a sleeping pill (drug store brand) or melatonin (low dosage) and most of the time I'm able to go to sleep eventually. I do envy the people who can go to bed at say 11:00 pm and sleep RIGHT THROUGH to 8:00 am.  I sleep very light also.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

I detest this.  Now it will be dark when I get out of work. 

When it's dark super early, it just makes me feel like I'm ready for bed at an insanely early hour too. 

Honored Contributor

1E5CB105-6A4C-4344-87A4-E7B1844B6445.jpeg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?