Contributor

Re: Extra hour of sleep is lost on me

Curious about the insulin shot.  Do you take a shot during the night to avoid  morning high reading?

Regular Contributor

Lost on me as well.

Takes a few weeks to adjust.

Respected Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Nothing changed for me ,but the clock. I got the same amount of sleep I always get, even though the clock said  different

I dislike the time changes. I never get used to them, and  to me they're  pointless

@cherry

I agree.  I think we should go to Daylight Savings Time and just leave it there.  I appreciate the extra daylight at night more than early in the morning.  Never been a morning person and it will start being dark in the morning again in December anyway.

When Bush changed it by just a week or two, he messed me up with my clock.  I bought it years ago and it automatically changed the time, which was great.  After he changed the date, I had to reset it, and then re-reset it again (like this morning, after having had to reset it just a week or so ago).  Guess I should buy a new clock, but this one works fine otherwise! 

@LilacTree  this is controlled by Congress.

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Nothing changed for me ,but the clock. I got the same amount of sleep I always get, even though the clock said  different

I dislike the time changes. I never get used to them, and  to me they're  pointless

@cherry

I agree.  I think we should go to Daylight Savings Time and just leave it there.  I appreciate the extra daylight at night more than early in the morning.  Never been a morning person and it will start being dark in the morning again in December anyway.

When Bush changed it by just a week or two, he messed me up with my clock.  I bought it years ago and it automatically changed the time, which was great.  After he changed the date, I had to reset it, and then re-reset it again (like this morning, after having had to reset it just a week or so ago).  Guess I should buy a new clock, but this one works fine otherwise! 

@LilacTree  this is controlled by Congress.

@ms traditional

The Bush Administration changed the most recent one.

https://newrepublic.com/article/79023/roll-back-the-bush-changes-daylight-saving-time

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lilactree  as stated in opinion piece    Energy Policy Act of 2005 passed by Congress signed by President Bush.

Honored Contributor

6:58 PM. It feels like it’s time for bed. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I wish the time would stay the same. I was up early this AM because my dogs wake me up. I slept 3 hours this afternoon and am kind of rearing to go right now. It does not matter if it is spring or fall, the time change messes me up. 

Honored Contributor

It just seems to make for a much longer day the first day.

Especially waiting for Poldark and TWD tonight.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Regular Contributor

I am a terrible sleeper also. I think it’s been at least 10 years since I have had a full night’s sleep. Used to be able to fall asleep and wake up in the same position. Ha! Not anymore. Between the back and now the hip and just restlessness in general I roll over and wake up each time. I fall asleep usually right away then wake up 2 hours later thinking I’ve slept for 4 or 5. Am an early riser, usually up before 6. Am semi retired so can take a nap if I have to. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  I wake up about every two hours, watch tv until I fall asleep again, but sometimes, the earphone wakes me up, lol. I slept until 10:20, 9:20 new time, so I average around eight hours of "broken" sleep, and if I don't get that, I may be taking a nap later on in the day, or several cats naps when I go to bed, lol.